Sound output stops working after specific sound.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Ok, so I'm making a beat. And it was all working just fine until I tried doing that distorted 808 shit, so I just made a separate bass track, EQ'd it and put a Calf Limiter LADSPA on it. Now, it was working fine when I made it. Then I left it for like an hour in there, and when I came back to give it a second listen, right when that distorted bass drops, sound just suddenly stopped so I was left hanging there like an idiot, lmao.

I closed the LMMS, reopened it, nothing. Did it again, nothing. Restarted the computer, nothing. Opened LMMS and played all sounds individually, and it's the distorted bass that causes it to stop sounding. Why? I could just delete it, but it sounded real good. Is there any way to save my bass? :(
voidology wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:41 pm
a separate bass track,
EQ'd
put a Calf Limiter LADSPA on it.
was working fine when I made it.
Later
when that distorted bass drops, sound just suddenly stopped
Is there any way to save my bass? :(
I believe you see a NaN-issue. If you look at the wave-display,
as your bass drops, my guess is, that the waveshape line in the display goes completely horizontal, and almost glue itself the the bottom of the display..
Right?
That means that the sound, or dominant frequencies of it, is below the audible values of your ear. It is actually a bit dangerous, if you play it loud -So DO NOT!!!
The way out of it could be a limiter on the instrument, or on the specific FX-channel in mixer (you do have specific channels -right?)
Try that
Let us know the outcome :)
voidology wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:41 pm
Calf Limiter LADSPA
What version of lmms are you using? There are some issues like this related to the Calf Limiter shipped with lmms but I don't expect the latest stable versions, lmms-1.2.0+ would cut out like that.