(SOLVED)Soundspot Union VST - unable to install in Linux

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Has anyone had any luck getting Soundspot Union, or any other wavetable synth to install? Unlike most VSTs, I'm getting no luck running the installer in WINE and copying over the .dll. Attempting to use Carla directly returns the error "Failed to load file. Engine is not initialized."
Has anyone gotten this to run on Linux, or Serum for that matter?
Any help is appreciated.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:40 am
Soundspot Union, -no luck running the installer in WINE and copying over the .dll. , use Carla returns the error "Failed to load file. Engine is not initialized."
I can see that Soundspot Union is a commercial VST, some time demos arent reliable
One thing, that is a necessity! -is that you have all unpacked files, in the same folder and with the dll. The dll alone, is not enough
musikbear wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:48 pm
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:40 am
Soundspot Union, -no luck running the installer in WINE and copying over the .dll. , use Carla returns the error "Failed to load file. Engine is not initialized."
I can see that Soundspot Union is a commercial VST, some time demos arent reliable
One thing, that is a necessity! -is that you have all unpacked files, in the same folder and with the dll. The dll alone, is not enough
Running the installer nests it down in the WINE folder, and LMMS can't look for plugins there; they aren't visible. I tried installing to my plugins/vst folder directly after that didn't work, but many of the components still installed in WINE directories. Is there a way to enable LMMS to open hidden folders?
If you click the green folder icon on vestige, you get a file browser.

Type .wine in the top box, and you can see the wine folders.

At least for me on openSUSE (kde) this works.
Gps wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:09 am
If you click the green folder icon on vestige, you get a file browser.

Type .wine in the top box, and you can see the wine folders.

At least for me on openSUSE (kde) this works.
I'm also using KDE on Debian, but the folder browser in LMMS/Vestige does not allow me to overwrite the menu selections; it just provides a list of "visible" folders.
Just to make sure were on the same page, you can't do this ?

Maybe my remark of the top box put you on the wrong track ?

After file name is were I type .wine.

Gps wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:27 am
Just to make sure were on the same page, you can't do this ?

Maybe my remark of the top box put you on the wrong track ?

After file name is were I type .wine.

Thank you, that seems to be working for me now. I'll report back once I can confirm the plugin is working. There was another Soundspot VST that I downloaded a trial of, and I was able to find both once you pointed out where I was going wrong with my file search.
Fingers crossed.
EDIT: I can bring up the GUI through VeSTige now, but since this is an effects plugin, I can't get the effect to run. Is there a separate way to install a commercial FX VST that I'm not seeing?
Mr. Lumbergh wrote: EDIT: I can bring up the GUI through VeSTige now, but since this is an effects plugin, I can't get the effect to run. Is there a separate way to install a commercial FX VST that I'm not seeing?
:ugeek: :!:

[/quote]
Gps wrote:
ping..
musikbear wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:57 pm
Mr. Lumbergh wrote: EDIT: I can bring up the GUI through VeSTige now, but since this is an effects plugin, I can't get the effect to run. Is there a separate way to install a commercial FX VST that I'm not seeing?
:ugeek: :!:
Gps wrote:
ping..
[/quote]
The Union synth works now that I can direct LMMS to the WINE folder, and it does sound very cool. As you pointed out earlier, just copying the .dll wasn't enough for it as it is with some other synths. It looks like I need a different approach to making an effect VST work though.
Effect vst need to be in a specific, location.

Unlike the other vst, that can be stored any were.

In lmms there is under setting, the path to the vst.
In that folder you need to put the dll, if you want to be able, to show in in an instrument.
You can't have a extra folder there for the effect vst.

Maybe this explains it better.

https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... Ts_effects
All VST-effects DLLs must be in your VST-root folder. That is the folder you have pointed to, in the Settings : The VST-Plugin Directory
This means you cant have a folder in there, with the .dll in it.

(which is not a problem for other vst)

Or:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5TvzIsYQaU

This is the same for Linux and Windows, although the path will be different off course.