Can MIDI channels be selected?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have kind of a unique situation in that my MIDI keyboard has upper, lower manuals and pedals.They output on MIDI channels 1, 2, and 3 respectively. These channels are NOT selectable or re-assignable on the instrument so my question is: can I select which channels various instrument sounds (VSTs) are assigned to in LMMS? As it stands now, I can only choose 1 instrument sound for the keyboard to play and that works well. However, that voice plays on both manuals and pedals making for some really intrersting sounds both down low and up on higher pitches. Any ideas?
Moe339 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:53 pm
can I select which channels various instrument sounds (VSTs) are assigned to in LMMS?
Not my area of expertice.. i dont own a midi-KB, but there are channels on the MIDI-tab of all our instruments, but afaik, those cant at least be udes for splitting a kb in sections. If it is the same with an advanced kb like yours that has 3 different outputs-channels... -idk, but it should not
Have you made experiments with the MIDI-settings
on the midi-tab?
Actually, that's the 1st thing I tried. However, I wasn't able to make any changes to the channels for some reason. Input or output nothing works.
Moe339 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:55 pm
Actually, that's the 1st thing I tried. However, I wasn't able to make any changes to the channels for some reason. Input or output nothing works.
And you have toggled the diodes ON -I mean is the little diode bright green -you need to click on it for the channel to be alive
SOLVED! Yes, that part was working fine with all other instruments. I did fix the problem though. I ended up uninstalling then reinstalling the program and was then able to change the channel settings. IT WORKS GREAT! I can now play, for example, sax on the upper manual, guitar on the lower manual and kick bass and drums with the pedals. Not only that but it also answered my earlier question about playing keyboard voices through LMMS! So now I can record an entire song, then come back and accompany that by overdubbing the organ/keyboard. SUPER! Thanks for the help. I knew I was on the right track just couldn't make settings until reinstalling.
Moe339 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:23 pm
SOLVED! Yes, that part was working fine with all other instruments. I did fix the problem though. I ended up uninstalling then reinstalling the program and was then able to change the channel settings. IT WORKS GREAT! I can now play, for example, sax on the upper manual, guitar on the lower manual and kick bass and drums with the pedals. Not only that but it also answered my earlier question about playing keyboard voices through LMMS! So now I can record an entire song, then come back and accompany that by overdubbing the organ/keyboard. SUPER! Thanks for the help. I knew I was on the right track just couldn't make settings until reinstalling.
Great! :idea: