Carla installed but not recognized/loading as instrument

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello all,
I'm having an issue on my laptop where Carla is not being recognized and not loading in LMMS. On my desktop, this is not an issue and shows up as an instrument under that tab, but even after manually installing from a tarball Carla isn't jiving with LMMS on the lappy. I can run it standalone, but really need to integrate into my project in LMMS. Has anyone else bumped into this issue, and if so, were you able to get around it?
As an aside, I need Rack because I need the same functionality Combinator brings to Ableton; I need to create an instrument from a "stack" of 2 or 3 VSTs to get the sound I'm after.
Just using the desktop won't work as it's a 100 miles away at the moment. :)
Plus, I'm having another add issue there with effects plugins.

Thanks.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:32 pm
after manually installing from a tarball
Ok, so on linux.. andImage
<-me

I need to create an instrument from a "stack" of 2 or 3 VSTs to get the sound I'm after.
Are you aware, that zasfx can stack any and all presets, within zasfx, as 'layers'?
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShfJ20uHOUs
I have no idea on how to solve this.

You might wanna try the LMMS discord server.

I ones had carla show up in LMMS, but then found out it was not compiled with wine support, so not useful to me. (opensuse)

With the appimage file I had no luck yet with carla. Which I ran from the self execution something version of carla.

You can download a carla version that does not need to be installed. To me its like the appimage but different.
Gps wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:37 pm
I have no idea on how to solve this.

You might wanna try the LMMS discord server.

I ones had carla show up in LMMS, but then found out it was not compiled with wine support, so not useful to me. (opensuse)

With the appimage file I had no luck yet with carla. Which I ran from the self execution something version of carla.

You can download a carla version that does not need to be installed. To me its like the appimage but different.
Does LMMS recognize it though? This is what I think the tarball gave me; the Carla folder has an executable that can be run by clicking just like LMMS itself, but I've had no luck getting LMMS to see it.
Does Carla need JACK to install natively?
musikbear wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:40 pm
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:32 pm
after manually installing from a tarball
Ok, so on linux.
Well that is what the "L" in LMMS stands for. :P
LMMS these days is cross platform.

So it will run on Windows and Mac os too. :)
Hi
Wich distro do you use?