can you assign sampled sounds to your midi keyboard ?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
just wondering if there is a way to assign the the beat and baseline sampled sounds to be played by your midi keyboard ?
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:32 am
just wondering if there is a way to assign the the beat and baseline sampled sounds to be played by your midi keyboard ?
You can insert any sample into AFP
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=AudioFileProcessor
-and if you have a capable midi-HW-keyboard, you can play that sample in the sample-pitch by pressing the key that correspond to A4.
I however think you want to use one sample as if you had re-sampled the sound over your keyboard, and that is not possible. Here you do need a soft-resampler, and afaik there is non that works in lmms, and i have been looking for it! Believe me!
yes but what i'm trying to do is assign diffrent drum samples to diffrent keys on a midi keyboard. i don't own a pad so i wish to do it on my keyboard is this possible ?
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:15 am
yes but what i'm trying to do is assign different drum samples to different keys on a midi keyboard. i don't own a pad so i wish to do it on my keyboard is this possible ?
That is possible, but you need to use a VST Sampler, and assign each of your drum-samples to a specific key on the sampler, and they will then play the sample when they are pressed on either midi-keybord or pc-kb
Grace is afaik the sampler most has used
Idk Grace though.
It cant resample