Some fixes..

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I love the program but...

I can't make music if the sounds coming through the other end aren't what they're supposed to be. If I play something on the MIDI, I want to hear it exactly the same on the other end, not sounding like mangled garbage. Each keyboard sounds amazing and it's fun to play with the dials but when you try to record it, it just sucks ass. Literally, all I did was like 4 notes and they sounded really good when I played them on the keyboard but when I played it back from note editor, it sounded NOTHING like it did when I played it. I expected the cutting tool to be as free flow as it looks but everything is constrained by little time boxes. It's the perfect open source editor but it lacks the timing phases I'm looking for in one. houseloop01.ogg being a perfect example of why it's a good idea to master timing because when I put the file in audacity, it sounds crisp and clings to the timing, unlike whatever chaos sound editor does. The sounds, when placed in order, do not match up to their correct timing when played in a loop and when played on a loop, you can notice the difference between Audacity and this. While dealing with this frustration I went on further to try and SNUFF OUT this difference in timing by adding more to it and playing through it but I don't see any options to play the track I've already produced in a loop and even if I select the sample notes I want to play in a loop, it still keeps playing and it doesn't stop. When I try to copy over sound bites, in the editor, you have to hassle through placing each one by one if you want to copy an entire ensemble of notes, this is quite difficult to do by hand since each box must be pressed to copy. Even when I select all of them and select each box manually, I cannot multi paste in these boxes so this simply brings me heartache. I imagine implementing the ctrl+c and ctrl+v methods somewhere would be hard enough to implement but easy enough to really make an impact. I wanted to produce a good song and this just ruined it. Also, an easy way to record sound bites, either from the computer or from a microphone would be a good addition to the program. Oh, yeah..and I can't turn off the damn tempo and it's all just pissing me off by now (update: I updated the program to the newest version and it says 140BPM but doesn't actually work but at least it's off now!! Why not just let it go to zero to turn it off? There should be a little button there to turn the noise on or off...) Anyways all I wanted to do was record raw input from my keyboard, not choppy sound bits that could have been pasted by a two year old. It's got literally every keyboard configuration in the entirety of the internet and so you can't be faulted for that but please fix these things, I can't make music at all!

Best regards!!

-JJ

PS!!!! Also, maybe implement a plugin that can open audio files directly from lmms and into audacity by default, like next to the record an ogg file realy quick button but it sounds like shit so I click YES, I would like to edit it in audacity before putting it in the folder labeled <custom> that updates as the program is running in my samples folder. WHY, HOW EASY AND SIMPLISTIC MUSIC MAKING WOULD BE, I WOULD TOTALLY MAKE A SONG IF IT WERE THAT EASY!!

Bounty over 9000!!!!
Winows! wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:49 am
sounds sounding like mangled garbage.
That is caused by to much loudness
Avoid red in the meter
unless the instrument in that bus plays solo (like an effect-boom)
I cannot multi paste & way to record sound bites
Next release
it says 140BPM but doesn't actually work
It does for piano-roll. There is NO adjustment of samples. You need to do that in an other program.
implement a plugin that can open audio files directly from lmms and into audacity
Would need insight and also permission in Audacity.

All of your suggestions are old, and the issues you have are due to loudness, and clipping
Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Winows!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions