VST Plug-ins won’t open at all?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So I’m fairly new to LMMS, if I’m being honest I have no idea what I’m doing. But I watched some tutorials on YouTube to make the plugins work but they still won’t. What I did was go to my settings and put the right location for the VST plugins. Then I restarted LMMS and tried to open the VST in VeSTige, but it only says loading in the bottom left, and thats it? Nothing happens. I don’t have anything else downloaded for LMMS, only two plugins I tried to make work. I’m jus trying to make some music lmao😔
As far as I know the location of the plugins you changed on the settings is only for VST effects. VST instruments that are loaded on VeSTige don't need to be on that path, since you need to search the file when you add a VeSTige track anyways. Some VSTs take a while to load, at least here. The LMMS screen will freeze for a while, but after a couple of seconds it should be loaded. If other VSTs worked then it's probably an issue with the particular one you had no lucky loading, which one is it?
daya27 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:22 am
So I’m fairly new to LMMS,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum daya27 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
if I’m being honest I have no idea what I’m doing.
Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature
tried to open the VST in VeSTige, but it only says loading in the bottom left, and thats it? Nothing happens.

Lets test if VST works at all
You should try MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy its dll to your VST-folder. Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win

Let us know the outcome :)

If you fail please post your:
* Name of your Operative System (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype ('Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
* lmms version
* lmms sound device chosen
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
So it tried that link, that musikbear linked, and it actually worked. But the other files still won’t. For my laptop, its pretty old not gonna lie, Windows 7 Home Premium, but it’s all I have at the moment haha. It’s a 64-bit with RAM of 3 GB. Note that It’s not gonna be the laptop I’m gonna use in the long run so I don’t want to spend more money on VST plugins rn.
The plugin I tried using was the Keyzone Classic from Bitsonic, the free one of course lol. I’m also on LMMS version 1.2.1.
daya27 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:09 am
So it tried that link, that musikbear linked, and it actually worked.
Good! then the issue is with the VST
For my laptop, its pretty old

Your pc is fine. lmms can run on just 2GB ram.
Keyzone Classic from Bitsonic
Ok.. That is one of the most fat one.. 400mb af samples if irc..
What you should try, is to shutdown every other program you have running, so you have absolutely optimized your available RAM, but that aside, yhe tuny MDA-piano can sound really good, so you mat not need keyzone. Put an eq on mda-piano and work on the dials