Font too hard to read, how do I make it bigger?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I just installed 1.2.1 in order to give LMMS another try. Now I am using a 1920x1080 monitor. The font is much too small for me to read comfortably, and there is plenty of empty space on the screen, so there is room to use larger fonts. Is there a simple non-programmer way to enlarge the font size in this program, without changing any of my Windows 10 settings? If so, a clear step-by-step explanation would be appreciated.
Dave2018 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:49 pm
I just installed 1.2.1 in order to give LMMS another try. Now I am using a 1920x1080 monitor. The font is much too small for me to read comfortably, and there is plenty of empty space on the screen, so there is room to use larger fonts. Is there a simple non-programmer way to enlarge the font size in this program, without changing any of my Windows 10 settings? If so, a clear step-by-step explanation would be appreciated.
I couldent agree more if i tried!
Fonts are WAY to small
LMMS is not kind to us sight impaired, and it is really bad!
The colpit afaiu is the sc qT interface designer. Apparently it does not give options for scaling on windows
You can expand the height of tracks in song-editor, but it does nothing for the font used
To really get somewhere you ned to edit the CSS that controls amo font. Do you know how to code in CSS?
I know a little CSS and if I knew exactly which changes to make I could do so. The problem is figuring out what to change. Maybe someone else has done this, and can provide the information for the latest version.

Perhaps another solution is if there is a theme available that I can download that uses large fonts. Is there such a theme?
I guess this is a good time to learn about themes. :)
Dave2018 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:30 pm
I know a little CSS and if I knew exactly which changes to make I could do so. The problem is figuring out what to change. Maybe someone else has done this, and can provide the information for the latest version.
Perhaps another solution is if there is a theme available that I can download that uses large fonts. Is there such a theme?
I read in an other post that you like Umcaruje's very well structured and full-commented CSS, and actually have started making your own theme. -Yes, LMMS-CSS is written very well, and is meant to be understandable for modding purposes.
Your theme will have general value, so please share when you have it done. If you have issues, you can ask about it here.
It may be possible to change the font in the settings panel. If this doesn't work, I can suggest that you just download another font and install it. I really don't know if it's possible here, but you can try it. I do this on almost all forums where I can't make out and read the font. Furthermore, I have my favorite blacksword font which I can read and which is very beautiful. Try it, then write to us if you have succeeded. I hope I was able to help you, good luck.
BrandonDyer wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:13 am
Maybe there is an option to change the font in your settings panel.
No, but here is my CSS with larger text:
https://github.com/musikBear/lmms/blob/ ... ontCSS.zip

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome BrandonDyer !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Hi

Please use software LOUPE or MAGNIFIER.
Usually system has universal accessable tools for people of weak eyesight.

Using loupe or magnifier, you can see your monitor larger only around your mouse point.

P.S
I have normal eyesight but llms is too small to read . Then I search solutions same to you and find it out myself
I recently downloaded the lmms-1.3.0-alpha AppImage.
Let's suppose your AppImage has executing rights and is called lmms_exe

I found out that:

1. The default config file is created in ~/.lmmsrc.xml once you run the AppImage the first time
2. You can start with a custom config file with the -c option so you would execute it like this:

lmms_exe -c <your config file>

3. The default config file has a line that defines the themes path as "data:/themes/default/"

4. That path is created EACH time you run the AppImage in a temp dir.
In my case (I use Mint 19.3) it is created in

/tmp/.mount_lmms-<some_sufix>/

5. The full themes path in my Mint 19.3 system is by default:

/tmp/.mount_lmms-<some_sufix>/usr/share/lmms/themes/default

Then I:
1. copied the themes/default subdirectory to a local dir.
2. Edited the style.css file in it.
3. copied the default config file.
4. Edited the copy of the config file to make the themes path point to my local themes dir.
5. started the AppImage with my new config file.

It worked for most font sizes, not all. They are now 16px.
At least I can read the menu options and the fonts in the popmenus. I still have to play with the css file to see if all fonts can be customized.
joseluisquiroga wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:17 pm
I recently downloaded the lmms-1.3.0-alpha AppImage.
Let's suppose your AppImage has executing rights and is called lmms_exe

I found out that:

1. The default config file is created in ~/.lmmsrc.xml once you run the AppImage the first time
2. You can start with a custom config file with the -c option so you would execute it like this:

lmms_exe -c <your config file>

3. The default config file has a line that defines the themes path as "data:/themes/default/"

4. That path is created EACH time you run the AppImage in a temp dir.
In my case (I use Mint 19.3) it is created in

/tmp/.mount_lmms-<some_sufix>/

5. The full themes path in my Mint 19.3 system is by default:

/tmp/.mount_lmms-<some_sufix>/usr/share/lmms/themes/default

Then I:
1. copied the themes/default subdirectory to a local dir.
2. Edited the style.css file in it.
3. copied the default config file.
4. Edited the copy of the config file to make the themes path point to my local themes dir.
5. started the AppImage with my new config file.

It worked for most font sizes, not all. They are now 16px.
At least I can read the menu options and the fonts in the popmenus. I still have to play with the css file to see if all fonts can be customized.
Have you made further test on fonts ? I've modify style.css , put it in permanent folder, tried different fonts in Qt configurator, change default linux desktop's font. Nothing works.
If you can tell us where you change the font and wich font you use, at least to have a more readable menu ...
TIA,
robert

EDIT 29-08-2021: I tried the 1.3.0 alpha with same fonts, folder, style.css and settings, and it works. So there is something in version 1.2.2 that is not correct regarding config file,..can't say more