Midi Import missing notes

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
When I import a midi file that I exported from Musescore it often misses the bottom staff of a two staffed instrument (like a piano) . I have no workaround and would like a solution.
First off, Welcome to the Forum sr3323 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
sr3323 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:51 pm
When I import a midi file that I exported from Musescore it often misses the bottom staff of a two staffed instrument (like a piano) . I have no workaround and would like a solution.
That is odd
please post your:
* Name of your Operative System (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype ('Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
* lmms version
* lmms sound device chosen
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* link to a copy of that midi-file
sr3323 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:51 pm
Hi,
Before exporting to MIDI File from Musescore you must separate the two staves of the Piano into two different instruments.
1° create a new staff in F key.
2° copy all the contents of the bass clef of the original piano part to this staff.
3° delete the content of the original F key.
4° in the mixer assign to this part a MIDI channel different from that of the G key.
5° Save then and export in MIDI File Format.
Import into LMMS you must have the two separate tracks (left Hand and Right Hand)
beauroge wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:07 pm
Before exporting to MIDI File from Musescore you must separate the two staves of the Piano into two different instruments.
1° create a new staff in F key.
2° copy all the contents of the bass clef of the original piano part to this staff.
3° delete the content of the original F key.
4° in the mixer assign to this part a MIDI channel different from that of the G key.
5° Save then and export in MIDI File Format.
Import into LMMS you must have the two separate tracks (left Hand and Right Hand)
Excellent info for all that uses Musescore! :idea:
I know about that workaround. It is just annoying and especially when I have many instruments in a score it can be annoying to import each one separately. Also, they are called not called G and F key, they are called G or treble clef and F or bass clef.