VST and zynaddsubfx Not Working

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

I am newer with lmms. I cannot seem to get zynaddsubfx to work. It will load the module but when I press show GUI it gives the following error messages:

"RemoteZynAddSubFx.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because libfltk.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

The code execution cannot proceed because libwinpthread - 1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Also, when I try to load a .dll with VeSTige using the folder icon and selecting a vst nothing will happen.

Thanks for any help.
panic42jgmail.com wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:44 pm
Hello, I am newer with lmms.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum panic42jgmail!
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I cannot seem to get zynaddsubfx to work.
It will load the module but when I press show GUI it gives the following error messages:
Also, when I try to load a .dll with VeSTige using the folder icon and selecting a vst nothing will happen.
please post your:
* Name of your Operative System (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype ('Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
* lmms version
* lmms sound device chosen

Btw -unless you want to get an unbelievable lot of spam in your mail, you should not use your account as username!
Thanks for your response and advice. I can't seem to find an option to change my username. Is there a way or will I just need to delete this account and start over?

LMMS Version: 1.2.1
Sound Device: Sorry not exactly sure the answer here. I am running sound out of my PC speakers (works fine for other instruments/presets). The VST i tried to use with VeSTige was mda Piano.dll.

Thanks again.
panic42jgmail.com wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:21 pm
will I just need to delete this account and start over?
Yes just tell me here when you have made a new account, and then i will remove this one!

LMMS Version: 1.2.1
Makes NO sense that you should have issues :|
Have you your installation from here: https://lmms.io/download#windows ?!
Since you have made nothing in lmms so far, i advise you to use Windows-add/remove programs, and remove everything. Download a new Installation-pack for correct pc config x64 for win10!
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win64.exe
-But cant be that causing your issue.. lmmsx32 works fine on x64, but of cause not vis-a-vi
Sound Device: Sorry not exactly sure the answer here.
Your devise https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... o_Settings - i recommend SDL!
Thanks. One issue with the new account...I can't set up a new account while this one is still using my email address. Any way around this?

About the trouble shooting:
Makes NO sense that you should have issues :|
Have you your installation from here: https://lmms.io/download#windows ?!
Since you have made nothing in lmms so far, i advise you to use Windows-add/remove programs, and remove everything. Download a new Installation-pack for correct pc config x64 for win10!
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win64.exe
Did this and retried. Still having same issue.
I confirmed my Audio Device is set to SDL.
panic42jgmail.com wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:22 pm
Thanks. One issue with the new account...I can't set up a new account while this one is still using my email address. Any way around this?
..crap, no there is a conflict.
We will have to remove your account before you can do that. I will see what i can get our webmaster to do

Did this and retried. Still having same issue.
I confirmed my Audio Device is set to SDL.
?! After you have deinstalled and after you have fetch a brand new packet om correct LMMS, You are still missing that dll-file.?!

That is beyond weird
Ok - Have you installed default?
Go to C:\Program Files\LMMS
Click sort by name
Now you should have This: Image
Do you have that highlighted dll-file in that default folder?
Yes. (Image below, including capture of the error I get with ZynAddSubFX)

panic42jgmail.com wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:27 pm
Yes.
Ehrrrrrrr Whut?!
You DO have the file, but windows say you do NOT?!??
:|

Okk...y
Try this
Copy thta dumb dll to
C:\Program Files\LMMS\plugins
Then S H U T down -as in:
* Shut down all open programs
* shut down !Not sleep!! -your pc, wait 2 mins and reboot
* open lmms
* retry
Let us know the outcome :) this one is weird!

Btw so far no solution in respect to your account
Hey I don't know why it worked or what part exactly fixed it but.....

Thank you!
panic42jgmail.com wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:22 pm
Hey I don't know why it worked or what part exactly fixed it but.....
Great!
Then your issue has to do with rights in the default position of that file, and the position in C:\Program Files\LMMS\plugins. zasfx asks for service from the dll, but that is 'behind a windows setting' that restricts zasfx' rights for accessing the dll.
At least 2 reasons could do that
You have a rigid setting in your security setup, that excludes unsigned program-segments (zasfx) to use or even detect dlls in the secureD section of program-files
That would be a setting in your windows
An other could be similar in nature, but would be rigid settings in a virus-scanner or firewall
zasfx is not sigened by windows, that would be wayyyy to expensive, but then local pc-settings can cause havoc in usability!
You need to consider that, in case you get other similar issues! -Not only in LMMS but in other freware and games!

In respect to your account.
What would you like your username to be? .. "panic42" or something else
Let us know.