Issue Downloading and Using TDR Nova plugin

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
This will be really short.

I am having trouble downloading and figuring out which folder to place TDR Nova in which is an equalizer plugin. I have managed to successfully download and use other VSTs such as Synth1 and DSK Virtuoso, as well as other miscellaneous sounds for LMMS. I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this issue so that I can finish up a project.

Thanks,
Kuroro
First off, Welcome to the Forum KuroroBeats !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
KuroroBeats wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:59 am
which folder to place an equalizer plugin.
That goes into your VST-Plugin-folder. In this picture it is the 2. from the top

The picture is from the chapter about your paths Settings:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... ings#Paths
Thank you musikbear,

I have it downloaded in the appropriate folder and I can see it when I use Vestige to retrieve it, but once I click on it, it doesn't load. The file is only 8.4 MB which is suspect because all of my other plugins are in the hundreds, also it is a .dll file. Do you know why this may be?

Thanks Again

Kuroro
KuroroBeats wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:18 am
also it is a .dll file. Do you know why this may be?
It should be a dll! All VST-2s (that is what LMMS currently can use) they are dll-files.
Some plugins have several files, but those are artwork, and may internal banks. The actual VST is a dll-file
I dont know why your VST does not work, but it may just not be compatible. Some are made with a tool : Maisie, and they just do not complie to the standard, and do not work in LMMS -Sorry
Hey musikbear,

I ended up downloading ReaEQ instead since TDR Nova wouldn't work. I appreciate all of your help though.

Thank you,
Kuroro
KuroroBeats wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:33 am
Hey musikbear,

I ended up downloading ReaEQ instead since TDR Nova wouldn't work. I appreciate all of your help though.

Thank you,
Kuroro
Y.w. but ReaEQ is imo quite inferior to LMMS own parametric EQ. Have you tried that? Its a very fine advanced EQ

Oh wow! I didn't even know that LMMS had a built in equalizer. I guess I'll use that for now. Plus, ReaEQ is giving me issues.

Thanks,

Kuroro
I must say that Tokyo Dawn Labs Nova Gentleman's Edition is a very well-specified dynamic EQ for the price. Also, it makes a great introduction to this powerful processing technique. Among its pros are the fact that it's versatile, affordable, with a clear layout and a clean sound. Among its cons are the fact that it doesn't have enough gain per band and no simultaneous input/output analysis. I use a plugin from https://stylemixthemes.com/wordpress-lms-plugin/ which is great for those who want to create comprehensive online courses, so you should definitely check it out!