WARNING: WINE Staging Updates (5.7) - Avoid!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
All, just a heads-up if you're running Linux and using WINE-staging for compatibility: the latest updates for Staging in Debian Stable have completely broken compatibility with all VSTs; LMMS can no longer load them. I haven't had a chance yet to suss out what caused this, but I would avoid these updates until the issue is corrected.
Accidental double post.
Thank you, but what is wine staging?

( I am on openSUSE tumbleeweed a rolling release )

I know what wine is, I have it installed, but the staging part ?

Edit:

I googled and found wine staging.
What is Wine Staging?

Wine Staging is the testing area of winehq.org. It contains bug fixes and features, which have not been integrated into the development branch yet. The idea of Wine Staging is to provide experimental features faster to end users and to give developers the possibility to discuss and improve their patches before they are integrated into the main branch.
That is probably not the wine version I get from openSUSE.

I get the latest but stable versions.
Gps wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:49 pm
Thank you, but what is wine staging?

( I am on openSUSE tumbleeweed a rolling release )

I know what wine is, I have it installed, but the staging part ?

Edit:

I googled and found wine staging.
What is Wine Staging?

Wine Staging is the testing area of winehq.org. It contains bug fixes and features, which have not been integrated into the development branch yet. The idea of Wine Staging is to provide experimental features faster to end users and to give developers the possibility to discuss and improve their patches before they are integrated into the main branch.
That is probably not the wine version I get from openSUSE.

I get the latest but stable versions.
You're probably safe if using Stable. I use Staging because of a recommendation from someone over on the Linuxmusicians forum; it was supposed to be better at handling Native Instruments products. Yesterday's update is preventing LMMS from loading anything though, so I wanted to put the word out for other folks using Staging since I am now dead in the water until this is fixed. :x
I hope your warning will help.

I don't know Debian, but it should be easy to go back to previous wine version, or try the stable wine?
Gps wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:09 pm
I hope your warning will help.

I don't know Debian, but it should be easy to go back to previous wine version, or try the stable wine?
Unfortunately Synaptic isn't allowing me to revert to the previous. It looks like I'll need to completely uninstall Staging and install Stable instead.
Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to that...
Update:
I was able to get some assistance from someone over on the Debian forums that showed me how to use the cached versions in the APT archives, and reverted back to Staging 5.6. LMMS is working properly again, so my advice is to stay with it for now. I reported the bug over at winehq.org so hopefully it gets resolved in 5.8.
Congrats :)