Audio-input > Carla > Audio-output

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, is there a way i can use, for example an EQ through Carla Rack (or Carla Patchbay)?. I cannot find any way to route the audio output from a LMMS plugin to Carla, tried sending channels in the mixer but it didn't work.
do i have to route the audio outside LMMS ( i don't know if this even makes sense, how would i get the audio back in LMMS) or something like that? pls help.

i'm using the ALSA sound architecture, in linux obviously.

PD: Carla Rack/Patchbay works well with instruments that woudn't need audio-input to work
ektod wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:24 am
Hello, is there a way i can use, for example an EQ through Carla Rack (or Carla Patchbay)?. I cannot find any way to route the audio output from a LMMS plugin to Carla, tried sending channels in the mixer but it didn't work.
do i have to route the audio outside LMMS ( i don't know if this even makes sense, how would i get the audio back in LMMS) or something like that? pls help.

PD: Carla Rack/Patchbay works well with instruments that woudn't need audio-input to work
if i understand you try to use some levl2 pugin in carla, and have an lmms instrument midi-out go to carla-in where it then goes out
If it does not work that way, then there is either not anything going :
* out from the lmms instrument
* in to carla
Out from carla should be a given, but if it dont out ao in..
It wont work..
I do not know how to test out ao in..
musikbear wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:22 pm
ektod wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:24 am

if i understand you try to use some levl2 pugin in carla, and have an lmms instrument midi-out go to carla-in where it then goes out
If it does not work that way, then there is either not anything going :
* out from the lmms instrument
* in to carla
Out from carla should be a given, but if it dont out ao in..
It wont work..
I do not know how to test out ao in..
I think the problem is that Carla cannot host effects inside lmms (or at least apply that effect to a lmms native plugin). I was asking if this is the normal behaviour or am i doing something wrong (what should i do?)
PD: next time i will try with JACK (i will install it to try, i do not use it)
The only thing I can say, maybe its possible with Carla, but that part of Carla is to me still unknown territory.
The patch bay I still need to figure out.

I have Carla installed and managed to load a Linux synth in LMMS through Carla.

On the Linux musician forum there might be a few people who know.
I think there are more Carla users there then on this forum, but most don't use LMMS.

Jack could be a solution, it does have a patch bay, but does LMMS have an input ?

As far as I understand the patching, the program or plugin need to have an in and out .
OK well, im pretty sure Carla is not the problem, there is just no way to use an instrument track to behaviour like an effect plugin (i ask now, is there a way to use, for example an Equalizer through VeSTige?), so probably the problem would be solved if there was a way to add Carla as an effect, in the FX channel of any instrument, or through the mixer.

PD: i don't use VeSTige because i feel wine is too messy in my system.
I have used easy Q in Vestige.

It works fine, but I do have a problem after an wine update.
Then lmms says it can´t find easy Q.

I then have to browse again to the easy Q dll.

So its possible.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/easyq_by_rs_met
Gps wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:17 pm
I have used easy Q in Vestige.
How do you get it working? sending channels through the mixer?, i'll add some images to make a clear idea of what is going on
Carla patchbay (connections)

Carla Rack (there is no audio input in Carla, but i can hear the sound playing in LMMS whitout added effects)

Mixer (Master<Carla Patchbay<Piano)
I have easy Q working through Vestige, not Carla. :)