Stuttering Audio

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey! I've been using LMMS fine for a few years now but just today, all sounds I play in the DAW are stuttering. Basically, when a sound is played, like a piano, the volume keeps abruptly going from it's current setting to zero and back and forth rendering the software unusable for me at the moment. The sounds are chopped as if the current waveform has missing sound in certain points of it. I've searched around for any similar problems but I've only seen distorted audio or no audio problems. My version of LMMS is 1.2.1 and I run on Windows 7. I have tried reinstalling the software but that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Update: I've found messing with the audio devices seem to have helped but that choppy sound only appeared LMMS. While I have fixed it now (hopefully), I would still want to know what caused it because I can't seem to replicate the problem. It happened when I disabled my speakers and switched to headphones on audio interface (which I never had a problem with before). I switched to speakers and now everything seems fine. The choppy sound still happens with the audio interface set as default device for audio.
FenA wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:05 pm
It happened when I disabled my speakers and switched to headphones on audio interface (which I never had a problem with before). I switched to speakers and now everything seems fine. The choppy sound still happens with the audio interface set as default device for audio.
Hmmm... it could be soundcard drivers..
The thing about windows is, that the updates we are forced, they sometimes do not work well with the actual hardware, so you 'suddenly' having that type of issue, could be caused by a win-update. If things are 'fine' now, then looking for a driver-update is not that tempting -at least not for me, but you could consult a forum for your hw, and see if there are any recommendations