Muddy Sounding Piano After Exporting

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

I'm working on a project and I am using the Binary Piano 2 for my melody, and I am having an issue where everything sounds perfect through my headphones and through my laptop, but when I listen to it on my speaker, my phone, or in my truck, the piano sounds muddy/distorted. I have two different tracks for the piano, and I've listened to each of them solo, so it's not as if the two are interfering with one another. They both just sound bad on their own through all of the speakers I mentioned. The thing about it though is that every other track in the project sounds perfectly fine when played through different sound sources. These tracks include hi hats, 808, snare, and open hats, and they all sound perfectly fine!

This is the only thing holding me back from completing this project and it is quite annoying. I'd appreciate some help with this issue.

P.S. I tried using eq on each piano track but it had no effect on the quality of the sound after exporting.

Thanks,

Kuroro
KuroroBeats wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:00 pm
I have two different tracks for the piano, and I've listened to each of them solo, so it's not as if the two are interfering with one another. They both just sound bad on their own through all of the speakers I mentioned.
Basically, its about your mixing..
It must be an example of frequency fighting, so you need to eq the two tracks differently, of if they are too similar, maybe you need to select one of them..
You could also try and separate with panning.
Are you oversampling? Dont!
What are your export settings?
Hey musikbear,

Sorry I'm so late to respond. I figured out that the issue was the dbfs level of those two tracks. I didn't know anything about db levels or dbfs when I did that project, and I had the db level of those two tracks way too high as I have learned that it can cause distortion. Thanks for your response.

Kuroro