Developer Could not be confirmed.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello! I am new to music and heard from Andrew Huang that this DAW is a good place to start. I downloaded it from the site, it asked me to move files to applications (I did so), and once complete my case says “'LMMS' cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.". I am not sure if this is a common issue but I looked around and did not see any of this issue. Thanks for reading! :? 8-)
Were did you download LMMS from?

What is you're operating system?

I have installed LMMS on windows 10 and Linux, and it never asked me to move files.
Gps wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:03 am
Were did you download LMMS from?

What is you're operating system?

I have installed LMMS on windows 10 and Linux, and it never asked me to move files.
Ok so yesterday I tried downloading from https://lmms.io/download#mac and then it went through the downloading process. when it was finished it would display something along the lines of "Developer Could Not Be Confirmed".

My Is mac. I am not really savvy when it comes to all of that stuff so I'll just paste it below:

macOS Catalina
version 10.15.4
MacBook Pro (retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

anything else on there I am not sure would help with this issue.

And with the moving files It's just a thing that happens whenever I download online apps.
it just makes you move it to the application folder.
FrozenBanana wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:31 am
Hello! I am new to music
Hi, Welcome to the Forum FrozenBanana !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
MAC says “'LMMS' cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.". I am not sure if this is a common issue but I looked around and did not see any of this issue. Thanks for reading! :? 8-)
Yes that is correct. LMMS is a freeware project, and as such we have never verified the program as a Certified-Windows-licenced-program -That is extreme expensive, and only commercial software is licenced with windows.
A licence give you as a developer, a 'verifying-ID', that is recognized by your OS.
LMMS does not have that, and that is the reason for the pop-up.
But you have no reason to worry. LMMS from https://lmms.io/download#mac is vira-free, and does not contain any malware!
Other sources are not under out control!
Your problem is not specific for MAC, but i do not know if the windows-solution exists on MAC. Apple is imo the most user-unfriendly tech-firm in existence, so Apple may block you from this solution:
First you need to log in as 'Administrator' -I dont know what that called in the MAC-world :(
Then run the installer
When the popup appears, scroll to the right and there should be a button 'install'
Then the blocking should be removed, and you can install without any more interference from the (rutten) Apple.
Let us know the outcome :)
Hey! I found a solution! So if I go into my settings then go into privacy and security, there is a box that says "allow LMMS". It does give me a lot of warnings but I am somewhat willing to take the risk. Thanks for trying to help, everyone! I just hope to god this does not give me a virus.
Its perfectly safe, unless you download lmms not from the official site.

You downloaded it from the official site, so you're safe.
FrozenBanana wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:44 pm
Hey! I found a solution! So if I go into my settings then go into privacy and security, there is a box that says "allow LMMS". It does give me a lot of warnings but I am somewhat willing to take the risk. Thanks for trying to help, everyone! I just hope to god this does not give me a virus.
That is valuable information about the quirks in MAC. Thank you for sharing. I will add it to our guides.