VSTs on Mac

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
hello everyone!

i am very new to LMMS and was wondering, since mac users (like me) don't have vestige on LMMS is it really impossible to install VST downloaded from the internet on LMMS using a mac? :(

if that's really trye, i will have to consider giving up LMMS
Does anyone know a way to get around this?

thank you!
have a good day :)
dkppk wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:12 pm
hello everyone!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum dkppk !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
is it really impossible to install VST on LMMS using a mac[/b]? :
Atm yes, but there are being done work on this issue atm, but hey -LMMS is much more than VST, and you do not need VSTs to make great instrument, and great music with those instruments!
I recommend you to take a good look on all the presets in the trippleOSC (3oc) folder!
A lot can be done with the proper EQing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mFHDyWGh9c
thanks for your answer, musikbear!
hope the work gets done soon :)

thanks for the tips, i'm going to watch the video you sent, seems interesting. thank you!
I have never tried it but there seems to be wine for mac.

I have no idea though if vst will then work on mac.
musikbear wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:39 pm
dkppk wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:12 pm
hello everyone!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum dkppk !
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
is it really impossible to install VST on LMMS using a mac[/b]? :
Atm yes, but there are being done work on this issue atm, but hey -LMMS is much more than VST, and you do not need VSTs to make great instrument, and great music with those instruments!
I recommend you to take a good look on all the presets in the trippleOSC (3oc) folder!
A lot can be done with the proper EQing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mFHDyWGh9c
Hi Musikbear,

Thank you for your comment and time.

Is LMMS getting VST support for Mac anytime soon? Or is it coming in 2021 or later?

Thank you
First off, You too are Welcome to the Forum elation!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
elation wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:57 pm
Is LMMS getting VST support for Mac anytime soon? Or is it coming in 2021 or later?
Im afraid it is not scheduled, because atm we do not know how. MAC is not fully supported yet, and is not easy to create features for. I do not hesitate to claim, that MAC's inaccessibility is pr. design. Apple is not friendly minded towards developers, that attempt to build for OS10.

(( Apple is not friendly at all actually.. Neither in service or complaint, or things like environmental, or exploitation of regional laws........... But that is just my selective personal opinion, but i stand for it!))

We DO want to get VSTs working in MAC, though :) And its being actively persuaded!
Mac's inaccessibility, doesn't it annoy you? At first, when I went for Mac after using Windows my whole life, I encountered many difficulties, and it seemed like I couldn't use any other app or feature other than the ones designed by them. It is not easy to create features for them or find one that they will support. I somehow got used to Mac's way of working and I am highly thankful for all the converters and apps designed to facilitate the functioning. I wouldn't be able to use my laptop if not for the windows NTFS support for Mac that I found.
For all it is powerful, it's a virtual black box.
AttermaLim wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:04 pm
Mac's inaccessibility, doesn't it annoy you?
YES! -and more!
I went for Mac -I encountered many difficulties, and it seemed like I couldn't use any other app or feature other than the ones designed by them.
Its is simply Apples Business-idea!
Apple make it impossible to repair their HW, and equally impossible to use any software that is not Apple-approved. Apps has to come from their 'AppStore', and they take a hefty 30% from ALL developers gross-income, without ANY what so ever afford from their side.

On top of that, their 'admired' designs, are more show than function.
I detest Apple and their treatment of both devs and engineers that want to repair HW -even changing the battery has been made very difficult BY DESIGN! -by using screws that need Apple-specific tools. Tools you cant buy!!

*pant pant pant*
Ich habe fertig