The order of effects in a chain does matter?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
From https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26622:
The C*Narrower with strength = 1 is the fastest way to obtain monophony (place it last in the EFFECTS CHAIN of the master channel).
And I thought that it doesn't matter in what order the effects are in a chain.
Does their order make a difference?
Only in the FX-Mixer? In instrument's FX effect chain too?
With most effects or just a few or only one?
It does. Yes on both FX chains in Mixer and Instrument's
The order of effects doesnt make sense if it's only one, so it does only apply more than 2

Signal is ordered from top to bottom. The first ladspa/vst fx/lmms effect will have its signal processed first before the signal it modified sends to the second effect, third, etc until it reaches bottom

For the narrower,
For example,
If you put narrower in first,
Then plate 2x2 reverb in the second

The instrument will still be stereo, because the reverb signal that makes it stereo is applied AFTER the narrower that makes it mono, so you have to put the reverb on BEFORE so the signal of the narrower will take effect.

This is how I work. For example, in my song that has this certain ZynAddffgkdkskdk whatever preset:

The preset has varying stereo phase issues so, Im gonna apply narrower

⬇️
Narrower

Now the narrower fixed the sound by making all of the shit in concentrated in center. But it sounds dry, imma add an EQ to change the texture and emphasize hi frequency content

⬇️
Narrower
⬇️
EQ

It still sounds dry. So imma add some reverb to simulate space

⬇️
Narrower
⬇️
EQ
⬇️
Reverb

If I put the reverb before the EQ, the EQ is also going to equalize the sounds of the reverb's signal. Fpr example, you put the bandwidth level of reverb to high frequncy, so they gonna be also EQ'ed and it's pain to ears cuz the hi freq is emphasized even more. If I put narrower in le bottom, the overall sound is going to be mono because it the last effect to process and the reverb will just be on the center instead of all over your headphones.