Can't install latest version

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi there,

When I install lmms on linux mint 19.3 cinnamon through terminal or software center i keep getting the 1.1.3 version, even if i download the kxstudio repositories.

I know i can use the program with app image but i wanted to have it on my system.

Any advice?
Kyoraku90 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:19 pm
Hi there,
When I install lmms on linux mint 19.3 cinnamon through terminal or software center i keep getting the 1.1.3 version, even if i download the kxstudio repositories.
I know i can use the program with app image but i wanted to have it on my system.
You already know the answer. You must use the AppImage.
The alternative is to compile LMMS yourself, from Master. You need to be a GIT-user, and have good understanding of GIT and GIT cmd-structure
I have attempted to write a guide for the GIT part, but it is far from finished
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Fr ... virtualBox
I appreciate your help, musikbear.

I have installed the latest version from the mint applcation center selecting an option that i didn't see before.

It is the latest version and it said lmms (flathub) and it seems to work fine.
We will always try to help but, if a Linux user installs the software from a repository, the first stop to ask for help is the forum of that distro.

I am on openSUSE and had my fair share of issues, like most Linux users.
This is why there is now an appimage version.

What I did as an openSUSE user though, go to the opensuse forums, and ask for help.
That got me in contact with the package builder.

One thing they did not know was that LMMS needs wine on Linux to be being able to load vst.
Package builders need these feedback from users.

If nobody tells them its not working they think all is fine. :)

They compile a program and if it starts they are done.
They don't have the time to test all programs in detail, so they need feedback from us users.

Replace in my reply opensuse with any other distro, same story. :)

I have used the appimage version too though, works like a charm.
Thank you Gps I'll keep that in mind.

If i have problems in the future I'll use the mint forums or just run lmms from appImage.