High CPU usage with more than one VSTi on the Editor

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
siavoshkc wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:43 pm
project.
Here is your project again. I'm running 5 instances of your vst, with 0.02 cpu-load, and that's when playing
Try the project and let us know what happens
https://pastebin.pl/view/da376f9e
musikbear wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:37 pm
siavoshkc wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:43 pm
project.
Here is your project again. I'm running 5 instances of your vst, with 0.02 cpu-load, and that's when playing
Try the project and let us know what happens
https://pastebin.pl/view/da376f9e
Same problem. CPU bar dancing like it is graphing a slow music.
siavoshkc wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:13 am
What happens if you first load the problem project, then click the new-project-button, and make a default-empty project. Does that imediately stops the CPU-fluctuating, or does it continue?
musikbear wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:45 pm
siavoshkc wrote:
What happens if you first load the problem project, then click the new-project-button, and make a default-empty project. Does that imediately stops the CPU-fluctuating, or does it continue?
That stops it.
siavoshkc wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:12 am
musikbear wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:45 pm
siavoshkc wrote:
That stops it.
Ok! It must be that specific VST and your specific HW, that does not like each other.
I see no fluctuations at all, in your project with the same VST, even if i use 5 instances! I really cant figure out, what it is on your pc that cause this..
Something fishy happens on your pc.......
My immediately thoughts goes in direction of 'some' program unknown to you, is running on your pc, could be some game-updater, game-security-stuff like punkbuster, an ICQ-client or real malware.
Does any of the above ring a bell?
I think you should scan your pc with some malware detector, and optimize with ccleaner-like software, but be sure not to install yet another malware