High CPU usage with more than one VSTi on the Editor

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I recently downloaded some VSTis to play . The problem is when I add more than one of them to the Song Editor, CPU usage swings up and down and UI freezes frequently and I can't continue to work. Note that this happens when nothing is playing and no note is written even yet. This happened with different VSTis from different vendors.
siavoshkc wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:48 pm
CPU usage swings up and down and UI freezes frequently
no note is written even yet.
Do you have any effects? either VST-effects or other?
If so, disable:
Edit| Settings| Efficiency| "Keep effects running....."

Let us know the outcome :)
musikbear wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:26 pm
siavoshkc wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:48 pm
CPU usage swings up and down and UI freezes frequently
no note is written even yet.
Do you have any effects? either VST-effects or other?
If so, disable:
Edit| Settings| Efficiency| "Keep effects running....."

Let us know the outcome :)
There was no Efficiency or I couldn't find it. But there was one in MISC Keep effects running even when no input which I checked, restarted, had no effect.
siavoshkc wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:42 pm
There was no Efficiency or I couldn't find it.
Sorry it was from memory
there was one in MISC Keep effects running even when no input which I checked, restarted, had no effect
You mean DEchecked -right, as in removed the check-mark, then restart. ??
musikbear wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:20 pm
siavoshkc wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:42 pm
There was no Efficiency or I couldn't find it.
Sorry it was from memory
there was one in MISC Keep effects running even when no input which I checked, restarted, had no effect
You mean DEchecked -right, as in removed the check-mark, then restart. ??
Right. I tested in both states.
siavoshkc wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:02 pm
Well done
I must say that i am puzzled.
Could you go through the project, and list all effects that you have used?
You may have found a bug, but i need to know what effects i have to do tests on.
musikbear wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:56 pm
siavoshkc wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:02 pm
Well done
I must say that i am puzzled.
Could you go through the project, and list all effects that you have used?
You may have found a bug, but i need to know what effects i have to do tests on.
See when I add any of the VSTi everything is good. But when I add more than one VSTi to the track even with no melody, CPU pulses up in a frequency of about one pulse per second which as a result makes frequent freezes. The problem likes to be irrelevant of what VSTi used.
siavoshkc wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:53 pm
when I add more than one VSTi to the track even with no melody, CPU pulses up in a frequency of about one pulse per second which as a result makes frequent freezes. The problem likes to be irrelevant of what VSTi used.
This is so strange that i need to see the project
upload the project, AS MMP! -and send me the link as PM (just right-click my name in byline and choose Contact musikBear), i will take a look at it. If you do not care about copyright, you can upload the project, and then post the link here

To Save as MMP:
* Open project
* File | save-as
* chose a name... 'xyzzxy.mmp'
press save
You can upload on any file-host like google drive
I will ofcause respect your rights
The strange thing is last time it was happening with more than one VSTi but this time with even one. This happens with any of the VSTis I downloaded not only the one I used in the project.

Here is the project file. It is an empty project so no copyright problem.
siavoshkc wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:43 pm
The strange thing is last time it was happening with more than one VSTi but this time with even one.
Hmm
I will see if i can figure out what is happening, but i expect it to be caused by that VST GTG K 1.3 Have to find that..