Korg Monologue Sequencer

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello.

I am very much new to this on a steep learning curve.

I have managed to work the MIDI function on the Korg and the LMMS so I have midi control in and out of both - but two issues:

1. Sometimes the Korg sequencer kicks in randomly when I'm controlling LMMS instruments through the Korg

2. If I try and play the Sequencer while the Korg has MIDI OUTPUT enabled the notes on the sequencer are clipped or not played.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nimbus
nimbus wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:16 pm
Hello.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum nimbus !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

I am very much new to this on a steep learning curve.
Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature

Can you confirm that this is your HW:
I have managed to work the MIDI function on the Korg and the LMMS so I have midi control in and out of both - but two issues:

1. Sometimes the Korg sequencer kicks in randomly when I'm controlling LMMS instruments through the Korg

2. If I try and play the Sequencer while the Korg has MIDI OUTPUT enabled the notes on the sequencer are clipped or not played.
Firstly the sequencer part, The MIDI-keyboard in the picture is called Korg Monologue
A "Korg Monologue Sequencer" i cant find, so i assume that Sequencer is a feature inside
Korg Monologue (?)
It can be a problem getting a handle to a specific sub-function of a MIDI-KB.
We have a tutorial for connection a specific dial, that works on some MIDI-hw:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Us ... oard-wheel
Take a look at that, and see if you can swing it to fit your MIDI-kb
Let us know the outcome :)
MusikBear

Thank you for your reply.

Yes that is the Synth and yes it has an in-built sequencer which has about 80 presets and room for about 20 of your own. It is activated by a 'Play' button on the row of buttons above the row of red lights in the picture. It does have a limited number of MIDI edit options. The manual as with other Korg manuals I got with it is useless although I have tracked down a more useful one on-line:

https://cdn.korg.com/us/support/downloa ... a4f7cd.pdf

Using this I managed to MIDI IN/OUT with LMMS. Relevant parts seem to be pages 51-52 and page 42 ALTHOUGH, on the page 42 Global Edit options - these do not all directly correspond to what is available on my machine - which I bought November 2019 - which does appear to be older than the manual - but I will see if there is a factory update anyway. I'm running it through USB by the way.

I'll look through the tutorial and come back to you.

Nimbus
dunno about Korg Monologue exactly, but everything's fine with my Novation Summit
I guess it's mainly because they are quite different synths (check here).

What lmms release do you use? Could you attach a screenshot of your issue?