Tripleoscillator: decimal oscillator's volume

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Is there way to specify the tenths of each oscillator in TripleOscillator?, it is allowed in Watsyn and Montro, but in TripleOsc i cannot find a way to do it.

Please help, it is ok when the oscillators are in mix mode, but when you start using FM synthesis, the 1% of volume is still way too much effect, and the previous step would be zero.
ektod wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:36 pm
Is there way to specify the tenths of each oscillator in TripleOscillator?, it is allowed in Watsyn and Montro, but in TripleOsc i cannot find a way to do it.

Please help, it is ok when the oscillators are in mix mode, but when you start using FM synthesis, the 1% of volume is still way too much effect, and the previous step would be zero.
I was actually inspecting the granularity in dials for some months ago. It was a fail.
Even when i worked on 5. decimal, the sound changed the same way.
I could try with the VOL-model, on the individual osc-vol, but i dont know if it will be different, doubt it.

I would like you to make a preset where you have that FM issue, and to explain exactly what dial you turn, when you experience a fail in granulation.
Since its 3oc and not a fancy vst, your settings will work everyone
musikbear wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:12 pm

I was actually inspecting the granularity in dials for some months ago. It was a fail.
I could try with the VOL-model, on the individual osc-vol, but i dont know if it will be different, doubt it.
Sorry, i forgot to specify many things, the knobs i am trying to get at very low level are the volume knobs for each oscillator, for example i am not able to get 0,1 of volume for the osc2, the lowest value would be 0, and the next value would be 1, i am not even able to write the tenths of the volume when i open the text editor to set the number.

It is also interesting that if i modulate the knob very slightly with a sine wave (or anything that is not a square), it sounds smooth, i am not able to hear the granularity. But i would like to set the value itself instead of using a modulator to vary the amount.
musikbear wrote:

I would like you to make a preset where you have that FM issue, and to explain exactly what dial you turn, when you experience a fail in granulation.
Since its 3osc and not a fancy vst, your settings will work everyone
I don't think its a FM issue, i only think it is more noticeable with frequency modulation

As automating the value with an LFO would give a smooth result, i couldn't find any way to explain it with a preset

But here some steps to "reproduce", take a TripleOscillator, disable the OSC3, make the OSC1 a square, use the OSC2 to modulate the OSC1 with FM, turn the volume (amount of FM) of the OSC2 down to zero, turn the volume of the OSC1 one step up. And you should hear a difference as big to make you need decimal numbers

I hope you understand better, and sorry for not explaining very well in the first post

NOTE: this happens the same way with VOL displayed in percentage(%) or decibel(db). Each oscillator's volume knob is kind of divided in 200 steps
ektod wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:44 am
musikbear wrote:

Sorry, i forgot to specify many things, the knobs i am trying to get at very low level are the volume knobs for each oscillator, for example i am not able to get 0,1 of volume for the osc2, the lowest value would be 0, and the next value would be 1, i am not even able to write the tenths of the volume when i open the text editor to set the number.

It is also interesting that if i modulate the knob very slightly with a sine wave (or anything that is not a square), it sounds smooth, i am not able to hear the granularity. But i would like to set the value itself instead of using a modulator to vary the amount.
musikbear wrote:

Since its 3osc and not a fancy vst, your settings will work everyone
I don't think its a FM issue, i only think it is more noticeable with frequency modulation

As automating the value with an LFO would give a smooth result, i couldn't find any way to explain it with a preset

But here some steps to "reproduce", take a TripleOscillator, disable the OSC3, make the OSC1 a square, use the OSC2 to modulate the OSC1 with FM, turn the volume (amount of FM) of the OSC2 down to zero, turn the volume of the OSC1 one step up. And you should hear a difference as big to make you need decimal numbers

I hope you understand better, and sorry for not explaining very well in the first post

NOTE: this happens the same way with VOL displayed in percentage(%) or decibel(db). Each oscillator's volume knob is kind of divided in 200 steps
Fine- i will come back to you
musikbear wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:07 pm
Will you?
ektod wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:03 pm
musikbear wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:07 pm
Will you?
Eventually, yes :p

As i told you, i could not get better granularity in the model for srFx, the 'softspot' just moves, so the result is not there.
Atm i have a PR to fix, and that has priority. I cant give you a scheduled date for when i can look at this, but its is in my todo-list, after PR-fix
That aside, before a change would be part of a release, could very well be +6 month away
Your best choice is to find a VST 3oc with higher granular volume options :p