[SOLVED] VeSTige missing on LMMS 1.2.1

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi, I've installed LMMS 1.2.1 on a notebook with Lubuntu 20.04 (64 bits) by Ubuntu repositories and I've just realized VeSTige is missing.

I wonder why does it happen since I had previously installed LMMS 1 on a desktop PC with Lubuntu 14.04 (32 bits) by Ubuntu repositories and VeSTige was there.

Thank you very much in advance for any help,

Walter
walter-uy wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:20 am
Hi,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum walter-uy!
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

I've installed LMMS 1.2.1 on a notebook with Lubuntu 20.04 (64 bits) by Ubuntu repositories and I've just realized VeSTige is missing.
[/quote]

I highlighted the reason. The repos does not support VST. They are not properly updated.
You ned the AppImage, and you need WINE
You can read and then follow the complete process here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... l_on_Linux
musikBear, thank you for your quick answer and help.

I followed your instructions and could solve the missing VeSTige problem, fortunately:

-- Downloaded LMMS 1.2.1 64-bit AppImage file from LMMS website (saved it on Downloads folder)
-- Made the file executable by typing chmod +x ~/Downloads/*.AppImage on the terminal
-- Moved to Downloads folder and run it by typing ./lmms*.AppImage on the terminal

Now I have another problem when trying to load Windows VSTs, but I guess I'll have to post a new topic for that one.

Once again, thank you so much for both, your help and quick answer.

Greetings from Uruguay
musikbear wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:30 pm
I've installed LMMS 1.2.1 on a notebook with Lubuntu 20.04 (64 bits) by Ubuntu repositories and I've just realized VeSTige is missing.

I highlighted the reason. The repos does not support VST. They are not properly updated.
You ned the AppImage, and you need WINE
You can read and then follow the complete process here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... l_on_Linux