Specific VST Won't Load

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
To get the technical stuff out of the way, I'm running the 64-bit version of LMMS 1.2.1 on Windows 10. I don't think my specs are relevant to this question as everything worked fine before with the same setup.
I recently had to completely reset my laptop from scratch and just barely reinstalled LMMS. My issue here is this: The YM2612 VST (found here, for convenience's sake http://www.ym2612.wonthelp.info/) will not load at ALL when it used to work perfectly fine before the reset. As in, I select the VST to load from the file system normally, and the VST does not load and instead displays the standard "No VST-plugin loaded."To be completely honest, I'm willing to admit this may just be user error and a case of me being a bit oblivious, but I've tried everything I could think of, checked and double checked my file paths, reinstalling LMMS several times, restarting the computer, running as administrator, replacing .lmmsrc.xml with a file given in another thread, etc. and none of it has solved my problem so far. Other VSTs will load just fine and function normally, it's just that specific one that won't work for me but it did before so I'm assuming it's not a complete incompatibility problem. Is this an issue other people have had or am I just out of luck or am I missing something obvious? Thanks in advance for any advice anyone might have to offer me!
First off, Welcome to the Forum armadillont !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
armadillont wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:21 am
YM2612 VST will not load at ALL
it used to work perfectly fine before the reset.
So there is the problem!
Is this an issue other people have
When resetting the OS, or migrating to new pc -yes

Atm lmms does not 'migrate' nicely!
It can be a drag to get older projects, that used to work, to work after a migration/ reset.
The reason is, that older projects has hardcoded information about location of VST-dll's.
If you on your previous setup used a non-default folder, then that path, can block VST-loading.
You need to edit the path!
Are you familiar with HTML-type code-structure, then its simple, because uncompressed lmms-projects are written in XML.
Let me know if you ned assistance or can edit the MMP-project-file yourself.