Can You Automate the Tempo of Just the Bassline?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, I'm starting out with LMMS and I'm having a real struggle with changing the speed of the bassline only. I'm finding it's much too fast for my melody. I tried putting the tempo in an automation track within the Bassline Editor, yet it still affects the entire song.
I read somewhere that you can load a sample into Audacity and change its tempo, so I tried exporting a bassline track and changing the tempo but it messed up the sound of the instruments.
I then tried changing the tempo of my bassline in LMMS, exporting it, and then adding it to the Song Editor in my project. This seems to work by adding a long enough note in piano roll, yet it's still off a little so I have to go back and forth to adjust it.

I think I can manage doing it this way but there has to be an easier method. I'm really at a loss. Any advice would be deeply appreciated. :D
I want to add - I tried making a beat with each individual instrument in the Song Editor instead of the Bassline Editor. I found it very easy to line up the beats with the melody using the piano roll.

So I guess I found a solution which leaves the question - is there a better way? At this point the Bassline Editor seems unnecessary to me.
BioElektrick wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:06 am
Hello, I'm starting out with LMMS
Hi, Welcome to the Forum BioElektrick !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

I'm having a real struggle with changing the speed of the bassline only. I'm finding it's much too fast for my melody.
Your projects beat is chosen in the BPM-spinbox:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=To ... po_Control
Make sure that you have the correct expected setting there
But that is not what will determine how many actual hits, you will have in your percussion! that is determined by you!
Step-editor
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Be ... tep_Editor
is default representing one bar
depending on time-signature your step-editor
will be divided in different shaded blocks with tablets.
First tablet in each shading represent the on-beat!
If you now choose to mark every on-beat, your rhythm will be fast!
If you choose to mark every second on-beat, your rhythm will be halved!
If you choose to mark only 1. on-beat, your rhythm will be a quarter of the first.
But you could even choose to add one more measure, and still only use first on-beat, then the result would be a serious slow rhythm, but it would still fit your time-signature.