can not move song downstream

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
i put the play head at the part where i need to move the song downstream and press the correct keys, holding shift then pressing insert does nothing and then holding shift then pressing tab just scrolls the song editor down, i tried holding shift then pressing insert first and then found a post by musikbear that suggested holding shift and then pressing tab, which way is it? the official help page says to hold shift then to press insert links below
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Song_Editor
https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26239 musikbears post
you can not even select all of the blocks on the song editor with the rectangle tool by clicking and dragging and pressing the right arrow key to scroll the song editor to the right while selecting all of the blocks at the same time if you can not get shift plus insert to work, or am i doing that wrong? if you can not do that that should be implemented
BuhBOOOOM wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:59 pm
holding shift then pressing insert does nothing
..Odd
What LMMS version do you have installed?

Could be you have some file-issue here
Do save your project as MMP! just in case the file is getting to be 'dubious'
After that use the file| save-as, and save your project as a different name .MMP.
Shut down lmms
Shut down your PC
Wait 2 mins
Restart PC and reload your last saved version
Retry pushing with sh+INS

Let us know the outcome :)
i have LMMS version 1.2.0 installed, i saved the project then i saved the same project as, like you suggested and then put the play head in between to green blocks on the song editor and tried both hold shift and press tab and hold shift and press insert to move the blocks downstream but all that happens is the song editor scrolls down when i do hold shift and press tab and nothing happens the other way

which is the correct way to move blocks downstream as i have seen both ways mentioned, you say a different way then what is mentioned in the official help forums but neither of them are working for me

i see you removed that mistake post, forum feature possibly?
BuhBOOOOM wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:21 pm

which is the correct way to move blocks downstream
Version RC8 ................. Hold shift, press insert.

Now i have an idea you can try, have you tried with a different keyboard?

I have found from time to time keyboard layout and button function can change or be remapped.

Your Insert key may have been disabled or mapped to another key.

You can try another keyboard, or you can try the insert key in another program, see if it works, so here is what i recommend,

1. Try insert key in another program first (move to step two if it does nothing)
2. Try another keyboard (Move to step three if it does nothing)
3. Try changing keyboard keyboard default layout in windows (Instructions can be found on Microsoft website)
, i did like you suggested : : nothing happens
..Odddd..!
Buuuuuut I have an idea about whats going on
I suspect that you HOLD Insert, and tab on SHift ???
You must HOLD SHift, and tab on Insert!!!
Was that the reason? :)

Hope so but if ...not
BuhBOOOOM wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:21 pm
i have LMMS version 1.2.0 installed
No you do not. It does not exists. You have an RC version of upcoming 1.2.0
Witch one?
Take a screenshot of the status-line like this:
Here it shows that RC8 is installed : "LMMS 1.2.0-RC8"
Is that your version?
you say a different way then what is mentioned in the official help forums
This IS the official help-forum.
i see you removed that mistake post, forum feature possibly?
No restricted access only. Posts cant be removed at random. That would make the content of the forum completely inconsistent. Just ask for post-removal, and it will be accessed

The 're-map' thing @Incorruptable -would be an malware/ virus thing. It would render a pc useless
[/quote]

you can try the insert key in another program, see if it works, so here is what i recommend,

1. Try insert key in another program first (move to step two if it does nothing)

[/quote]

i thought that was good info to try the insert key in another program so i went to google and typed in insert key test and that brought me to a website where i could test keys and the keys were being pressed and that is when i thought about the numeric lock on the keypad and then went into LMMS and i felt that this numeric lock was %100 the reason why pushing blocks downstream was not working and it was the cause, thanks for the help!
I suspect that you HOLD Insert, and tab on SHift ???
nope i pressed the correct buttons and made sure
No you do not. It does not exists. You have an RC version of upcoming 1.2.0
Witch one?
witch as in witchcraft and voodoo and stuff? you got some subliminal messaging going on? :) you can see i have version LMMS 1.2.0 rc8 installed from my screenshot i just did not even pay attention to the rc8 part but instead just the 1.2.0, are you mad about that hahahah :) i got nothing but love and respect for everybody
This IS the official help-forum.
No restricted access only. Posts cant be removed at random. That would make the content of the forum completely inconsistent. Just ask for post-removal, and it will be accessed
i thought that but just a suggestion, thank you for the help again!, i noticed you are a big help on here and youtube with LMMS and i have seen some of your LMMS videos but short term memory, short attention span or something prevents me from remembering anything, you teach about more advanced LMMS mechanics so you got to really pay and want to pay attention, so i would have to watch them over, i have learned some of the LMMS basics myself and from other youtubers that post more basic LMMS tip videos so i do not think that i have learned any simple tasks from your videos :) and i read forum posts on simple mechanics but your videos pssssh it is to advanced :)

i do like to dive right into things but sometimes you got to take the time learn things and for sure you got to take the time to learn the more advanced things that you know, that is not just what you could call basic stuff anyone could really figure out
BuhBOOOOM wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:11 pm

you can try the insert key in another program, see if it works, so here is what i recommend,

i thought that was good info to try the insert key in another program so i went to google and typed in insert key test and that brought me to a website where i could test keys and the keys were being pressed and that is when i thought about the numeric lock on the keypad and then went into LMMS and i felt that this numeric lock was %100 the reason why pushing blocks downstream was not working and it was the cause, thanks for the help!
Glad you got it sorted.

First thing i always do when i encounter an issue that does not do what it is supposed to do it try it somewhere else, like on another set up/PC, it can help you identify if you have hardware or software issues then move you one step closer to resolving the problem.

Musikbear was very helpful to me recently with an issue i had and had great patience to keep suggesting and helping for three pages of a thread, and even made a Video to help.
BuhBOOOOM wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:41 pm
but your videos pssssh it is to advanced :)
I hope that does not mean difficult to follow..
But you and everyone else are always welcome to ask for a video tutorial, in anything related with LMMS

But you still cant move blocks up and down-stream?
Can i see the project? You can post a link in IM it you do not want it public
I will ofcause respect your rights