No audio on Mac

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello! Before I start, I feel the need to say that I have looked and looked for an answer to this, and none have worked (also most were from 2015 or so). I have had a problem for a while now with no audio coming out of my Mac. I have changed the Audio Interface and the options within each multiple times with restarts and I have had no luck. I have Bluetooth headphones that show up as an option for Core Audio and plug-in headphones. I have tried completely removing LMMS and reinstalling and all the options of audio possible (as far as I can see). I'm fairly tech-savvy so I can hang with more advanced options if needed, I just really hope someone can help as I love LMMS and can't afford to really pay for an expensive DAW.

MAC Version: 10.15.5 Catalina
LMMS: Version 1.2.1 (OS X/x86_64, Qt 5.13.1
I don't know if needed, but available audio interfaces: Dummy, JACK, PortAudio, SDL

PS: I don't know very much about the technical side of audio, so I wouldn't know for sure if it was my fault or not lol, feel free to request screenshots or files or anything needed! Thanks.
LethalLeafs wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:36 pm
Hello!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum LethalLeafs !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
no audio coming out of my Mac.
I have changed the Audio Interface and the options within each multiple times with restarts and I have had no luck.
I have Bluetooth headphones that show up as an option for Core Audio and plug-in headphones.
The one thing that stand out, is your BT headphones. Have you tried with other HW, like pc-speakers, or a pluged-in headphone/ speaker
I have tried completely removing LMMS and reinstalling
Well i call that the 'MS-method' most often its not the install, but its fine that you also tried that.
MAC Version: 10.15.5 Catalina
LMMS: Version 1.2.1 (OS X/x86_64, Qt 5.13.1
I don't know if needed, but available audio interfaces: Dummy, JACK, PortAudio, SDL
All looks fine - I recommend you to try a pluged in option, and if that works, you need to look at settings, or maybe driver for your BT-hw, or not use it with lmms
Let us know the outcome :)

One thing though..
Did you get lmms from our page?
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... c10.13.dmg
Always only get lmms from there!
Thanks for the reply musikbear! It may have not been clear, but I mentioned shortly after the BT earbuds that I have plug-in headphones that also do not work on any of the audio interface options. I will continue to try everything out though.
One thing though..
Did you get lmms from our page?
Yes I sure did :D

I also want to note that I looked in the bug pulls in the Github and there was some issue with audio on Macs, but I do not know if it was the same problem as I am having (it probably helps to know your problem huh xD)

If there is any way I can help with finding something useful, let me know! I've also been thinking about contributing to the open-source LMMS code if I ever find the extra time... let's hope I don't have to wait that long! Thanks.
LethalLeafs wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:51 pm
It may have not been clear, but I mentioned shortly after the BT earbuds that I have plug-in headphones that also do not work on any of the audio interface options.
Overlooked that -sorry
been thinking about contributing to the open-source LMMS code if I ever find the extra time
You would be welcome indeed!
If you have questions ot run into issues with the dev-enviroment. just ask :)

I dont know MAC at all, so now i will ask our MAC-chief to look at your issue, he is also project-lead.