Magical 8bit Plugin not working

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi everybody. You may be familiar with the Magical 8bit Plugin, and if you are not it is basically a simple 8bit third-party plugin. I loaded it in using VeSTige, and it made sound properly. There are sliders that can be adjusted left and right, and they work fine. There are dropdown menus, and these are what are not working. When I click on one, it shows the options for a small fraction of a second and then disappears, not giving me enough time to select another option. Here's a short video: https://imgur.com/a/cuGIGw9

My OS is Windows 10, I'm using LMMS version 1.2.1. Any help is appreciated!
MrKathooloo wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:42 am
VST Magical 8bit Plugin, dropdown menus, are not working. it shows the options for a small fraction of a second and then disappears
My OS is Windows 10, I'm using LMMS version 1.2.1. Any help is appreciated!
Yes, that is a known issue with some plugins.
Maybe it is made with Maize-kit-builder. Those VSTs does not complie to VST-standard format. Afaik, there is nothing to do
So, good news friend. I encountered the same problem as you and I just figured it out.

You can get around the flickering dropdown issue by clicking on the dropdown and then using the up/down arrow keys to navigate it.
MrKathooloo wrote:
There are dropdown menus, and these are what are not working.
That is easy to solve.
Go Edit| Settings |General-Settings
Dropdown Plugin-Embedding:
Select No-embedding
musikbear wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:03 pm
MrKathooloo wrote:
There are dropdown menus, and these are what are not working.
That is easy to solve.
Go Edit| Settings |General-Settings
Dropdown Plugin-Embedding:
Select No-embedding
Thanks so much, this works perfectly! Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I just assumed there was nothing to do and went with it. I've had great experiences with this plugin even with severely limited options, so you know it's a good one.