LMMS not downloading?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've been lurking trying to figure out what's wrong, but I can't figure it out. I've been downloading the 64 bit (and tried the 32) for windows as administrator and I've tried downloading it both in the Windows file and outside of it. The wizard will finish downloading but no shortcut appears on my desktop, and when I try to run the application through my files I get the message: "The application was unable to start correctly (0x00000220)." I'm on Windows 8.1.
First off, Welcome to the Forum yellowbox !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
yellowbox wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:21 am
The wizard will finish downloading but no shortcut appears on my desktop, and when I try to run the application through my files I get the message: "The application was unable to start correctly (0x00000220)." I'm on Windows 8.1.
First i need to ask you were you get your install from?
ONLY safe site is https://lmms.io/download/ !
Is that your source?
Current version is 1.2.2
If your win8.1 is 64bit, the do choose 1.2.2 64bit -else 1.2.2 32bit
Let us know the outcome :)
I've been getting the files from lmms.io! I tried redownloading the 64 bit today and still wasn't able to get it to work, and got the same error message as the day prior.
yellowbox wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:26 pm
I've been getting the files from lmms.io! I tried redownloading the 64 bit today and still wasn't able to get it to work, and got the same error message as the day prior.
:?... Hmm

Did you actually install?
Have you run the installer as Administrator?!
Eg right-clicked the downloaded LMMS.exe and chosen option "run-as-administrator" ??

Did you get any strange windows popup during the installation?
You may have locked yourself out of access to the program-files-folders
If you have made a default installation, then you should have a new folder in your program-files
There also ought to be a associated link in your my-programs
If you have followed the instructions from the installation guide
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... on_Windows
-witch is general standard for all windows programs, then it must be a question about access to your program-folder.
If it does not solve your problem, do write back.
then we have to look at your rights-settings...
I've been running and downloading the lmms-1.2.2-win64 file as administrator, and have access to the program files. From the program files, I've been trying to run the lmms.exe application file as administrator, but the error appears to no avail.
yellowbox wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:53 pm
I've been running and downloading the lmms-1.2.2-win64 file as administrator, and have access to the program files. From the program files, I've been trying to run the lmms.exe application file as administrator, but the error appears to no avail.
woo.. That is is not good
I would like you to search for a specific file
It is here
C:\Users\<Username>\.lmmsrc.xml

open that file in notepad
copy everything
send me a PM
(just right-click my name in byline and choose Contact musikBear)
In that PM copy everything from that file in the PM
I would like to see what is written there, or if that file exists at all..

Also go to
C:\Users\<name>\Documents\lmms\
Do you have that library?
What does it contain?
Bad news, I don't have either file. If it changes anything, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program in the days prior.
Do you use a virus scanner? The only thing I can think of, that is stopping you.

You should then be able to see in the logs of the virus scanner if it is removing parts of LMMS and or blocking it?

Or what was it called the uac settings?
yellowbox wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:22 pm
Bad news, I don't have either file.
:/ .. Gps can have a point.
Try and go ofline, then disable your virus-protection!
Do make sure it is not running! Check for the process in task-manager, it must be completely shut down. Most virus-scanners will protest and throw warnings, or simply refuse !
You may need to contact your virascan helpdesk, if you run into those issues!
After you OFFLINE is absolutely sure your virus-software is NOT running, then reinstall lmms

Alternatively, you should be able to make an exception for lmms, inside your virus software, but how to do that you need to ask in a forum/ helpdesk for your virus software

What is the name of your virus-scanner-software?
I'm using Sophos.