Three button click command - MacOS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:28 pm

If an MBP or you have a trackpad paired with it, try setting "tap to click" in the System Preferences for the pad. "Clicking" once by tapping with two fingers should give you the equivalent of a right click.

Almost like BT is seen as the primary and it's trying to use that for the connection? Try this:
open up your Finder search and then click on Go in the menu. Select Go to Folder and type in /Library/Preferences. You’ll be able to see a file titled com.apple.Bluetooth.plist. Delete the file, or if that bothers you, rename it with an extension such as .bak to keep a backup you can revert back to. Once the file has been deleted, you need to restart your Mac and attempt to re-pair your Bluetooth devices.

Similarly for mouse issues: navigate to the same /Library/Preferences directory and delete two files: Locate com.apple.AppleMultitouchMouse.plist and com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist and trash or rename those too. You may have to find a wired USB mouse to use temporarily. After the files have been deleted, reboot your Mac, and it should recreate the files automagically.

None of what you're dealing with sounds very fun, I'm gonna stick with Mojave on my MBP...
Thanks for the suggestions. Actually I think Apple have changed the fhile names in Catalina for the prefrerence issues you suggested, so the Bluteooth one is now com.apple.BluetoothFileExchange.plist.

I didn't have to restart the machine to get that to work - simply renamed the file with the .bak extension.

Now in LMMS if I double finger tap on a segment a drop down menu appears, and one of the options is to delete the segment. That works. Thank you. I'm not sure if I'll have to revisit this if I start to attach other Buetooth devices, such as my Magic Mouse, or headphones, but this does seem to have fixed the immediate problems.

I never did try Mojave - which might have been a mistake. Catalina may have some good features, but it has caused problems, and reverting might be too much of a pain now. I've lost the use of Microsoft Office - and I'm not intending to pay Microsoft to buy a new version. I have other computers which haven't been trashed by Catalina, so I can use those, but it is inconvenient.

In the long run I expect we might all have to migrate to Catalina, or what comes after it, but if you have a system which is working right now, then I would definitely suggest not "upgrading". I was aware of these things as possibilities, as I had to help someone else with problems due to Catalina a while back, but I thought most had been fixed, and I also didn't know about the ones which have affected me.

Some of the issues are listed in a file which Apple publish as advice, warning to check compatiblity before installing. However, I still feel that some are so likely to be common, that Apple should have made more effort to discourage people from "upgrading" if they were likely to have had a problem.

Since I was starting from High Sierra, I would have been quite happy to go to Mojave first. I might still have made the mistake of moving on to Catalina, but actually the install process would not (or not easily) let me find the Mojave install files, so I was unable to go via that route. Shame on Apple for this.
dave2002-lmms wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:34 am
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:28 pm

If an MBP or you have a trackpad paired with it, try setting "tap to click" in the System Preferences for the pad. "Clicking" once by tapping with two fingers should give you the equivalent of a right click.

Almost like BT is seen as the primary and it's trying to use that for the connection? Try this:
open up your Finder search and then click on Go in the menu. Select Go to Folder and type in /Library/Preferences. You’ll be able to see a file titled com.apple.Bluetooth.plist. Delete the file, or if that bothers you, rename it with an extension such as .bak to keep a backup you can revert back to. Once the file has been deleted, you need to restart your Mac and attempt to re-pair your Bluetooth devices.

Similarly for mouse issues: navigate to the same /Library/Preferences directory and delete two files: Locate com.apple.AppleMultitouchMouse.plist and com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist and trash or rename those too. You may have to find a wired USB mouse to use temporarily. After the files have been deleted, reboot your Mac, and it should recreate the files automagically.

None of what you're dealing with sounds very fun, I'm gonna stick with Mojave on my MBP...
Thanks for the suggestions. Actually I think Apple have changed the fhile names in Catalina for the prefrerence issues you suggested, so the Bluteooth one is now com.apple.BluetoothFileExchange.plist.

I didn't have to restart the machine to get that to work - simply renamed the file with the .bak extension.

Now in LMMS if I double finger tap on a segment a drop down menu appears, and one of the options is to delete the segment. That works. Thank you. I'm not sure if I'll have to revisit this if I start to attach other Buetooth devices, such as my Magic Mouse, or headphones, but this does seem to have fixed the immediate problems.

I never did try Mojave - which might have been a mistake. Catalina may have some good features, but it has caused problems, and reverting might be too much of a pain now. I've lost the use of Microsoft Office - and I'm not intending to pay Microsoft to buy a new version. I have other computers which haven't been trashed by Catalina, so I can use those, but it is inconvenient.

In the long run I expect we might all have to migrate to Catalina, or what comes after it, but if you have a system which is working right now, then I would definitely suggest not "upgrading". I was aware of these things as possibilities, as I had to help someone else with problems due to Catalina a while back, but I thought most had been fixed, and I also didn't know about the ones which have affected me.

Some of the issues are listed in a file which Apple publish as advice, warning to check compatiblity before installing. However, I still feel that some are so likely to be common, that Apple should have made more effort to discourage people from "upgrading" if they were likely to have had a problem.

Since I was starting from High Sierra, I would have been quite happy to go to Mojave first. I might still have made the mistake of moving on to Catalina, but actually the install process would not (or not easily) let me find the Mojave install files, so I was unable to go via that route. Shame on Apple for this.
Cool deal, I'm glad that worked.
As far as Catalina goes, we'll have to get there at some point but Mojave is still supported and that's what I plan on using as long as I can. If you're not too invested in the Catalina install, you can still obtain the installer for Mojave and install it over Catalina. I suspect you'll get to use Office again as well. I think I sent you a link to the Mojave installer in one of the other threads, you can give that a try.
I've nonetheless now no longer controlled to get delete section to paintings in tune editor, without the usage of the USB three-button mouse. Maybe there is not a manner that works in macOS - or specifically in Catalina. Being capable of doing it in any respect is helpful, though. I do not specifically need to attempt with the piano roll - that appears much less beneficial for what I need to do.