Is there a version of LMMS newer than 1.1.3 for 32bit Linux?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
It's been working OK with this version, but it's really annoying not having the Shift copy feature in the song editor. I know it's there in the newer versions, but it looks like the latest LMMS version available in the Ubunutu repository for 32 bit is 1.1.3.
Soundezayy11 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:30 pm
It's been working OK with this version, but it's really annoying not having the Shift copy feature in the song editor. I know it's there in the newer versions, but it looks like the latest LMMS version available in the Ubunutu repository for 32 bit is 1.1.3.
lmms from Ubuntu repository is not even 1.1.3 if it does not have shift-copy!
It sucks that we do not have an AppImage 32. bit!
I dont know why,,
Could be that its not possible, but that i need to look at..
Soundezayy11 wrote:
What hardware and OS is this on?
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:14 pm
Soundezayy11 wrote:
AppImage is Linux. This user apparently has a x32 pc, and then he is pretty much locked out since 1.1.3, and that sucks
Still inquirering..
-------------
So now i know more, but it is not encouraging
There is a need for a linux with a downgraded runtime-library.
If i understand this a x32 version with an outdated fuse runtime-library has to be installed on the build-enviroment. that is not anything i can do.
Sorry.
musikbear wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:29 pm
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Soundezayy11 wrote:
AppImage is Linux. This user apparently has a x32 pc, and then he is pretty much locked out since 1.1.3, and that sucks
Still inquirering..
-------------
If i understand this a x32 version with an outdated fuse runtime-library has to be installed on the build-enviroment. that is not anything i can do.
Sorry.
Sorry, I'm confused by what you wrote; I think some of your message was truncated.

If I follow, are you saying that a newer version can only be compiled in a particular unobtainable build environment? Also, I said Ubuntu, but I'm running this under Lubuntu; I assumed in this instance the conditions were the same.
musikbear wrote:
Sorry.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, Bear; 64bit is the de-facto standard these days. I'm not sure why the OP would want to run on a 32bit OS unless the hardware is quite old or there are some older apps installed they can't live without.
Soundezayy11 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:44 pm
musikbear wrote:
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:

Still inquirering..
-------------
Sorry.
Sorry, I'm confused by what you wrote; I think some of your message was truncated.

If I follow, are you saying that a newer version can only be compiled in a particular unobtainable build environment? Also, I said Ubuntu, but I'm running this under Lubuntu; I assumed in this instance the conditions were the same.
Well, there's a couple things here:
  • There's no need to compile at all; LMMS uses the appimage format for Linux, so you just run a self-contained executable. Repos tend to have outdated versions of LMMS available, especially on Debian-based distros (which all of the 'Buntus are) and building from source often leads to folks having key functionality missing, such as VeSTige.
  • You still haven't said what hardware you're on, just that it's Lubuntu for x86. Is there something preventing you from installing a 64-bit distro?
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:21 am
You still haven't said what hardware you're on, just that it's Lubuntu for x86. Is there something preventing you from installing a 64-bit distro?
Yup, my hardware is only 32 bit.
Soundezayy11 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:11 am
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
You still haven't said what hardware you're on, just that it's Lubuntu for x86. Is there something preventing you from installing a 64-bit distro?
In that case I think you're stuck with the 1.1.3 unfortunately.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:23 am
Soundezayy11 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:11 am
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
In that case I think you're stuck with the 1.1.3 unfortunately.
I'll do the research, but is it technically possible to build it from source on my own for 32 bit? If the latest version is available for 32bit Windows, I don't really see why I wouldn't be able to do it under Linux.