How to update LMMS without losing my projects?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi, I'm new to this software. I want to install Sonatina Orchestra Module vst but it says 'the vst plugin could not be loaded for some reason.'
According to an older forum question, I have to update LMMS (I'm using 1.1.3) for it to work.
I do have project that I don't want to lose, can anyone tell me how to update it without losing it?
iXeri wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:09 pm
Hi, I'm new to this software.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum iXeri !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
can anyone tell me how to update it without losing it?
Yes we have aguide for that
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... w_versions

Do i said DO backup all your user-files in Documents
That is not particular for LMMS, that is simple PC-basics!
I must have made +100 installs, and never had a single issue, but one day an issue will happen! -And then you love your backup
musikbear wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:35 pm
iXeri wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:09 pm
Hi, I'm new to this software.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum iXeri !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
can anyone tell me how to update it without losing it?
Yes we have aguide for that
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... w_versions

Do i said DO backup all your user-files in Documents
That is not particular for LMMS, that is simple PC-basics!
I must have made +100 installs, and never had a single issue, but one day an issue will happen! -And then you love your backup
Thank you!
I was nervous because my projects folder was empty even though I had one saved, so I didn't know what to back up, but I didn't know itll just get converted to the new version.
Also, thank you for all your hard work in replying to every forum question, it really helps us out a lot and you've been doing it for so long! :o
Depending on what operating system you're using, it could also be just as simple as dropping the new appimage into your LMMS folder. When I updated to 1.2.2, I just had to move it from Downloads to LMMS and make executable, and when it launched it seamlessly opened the project I had up the last time I closed 1.2.1.