can't load Vst sine player, from orchestral tools layers

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Help! Lmms is a great powerful daw, but my main concern is its ability to load certain .dll plugins... (I'm on a windows PC.) I tried to load "Sine Player, Layers by orchestral tools," but nothing happened. It just said loading vst plugin, then nothing happened...
Do i report this as a bug?
MusicalSnail wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:28 pm
Help! Lmms is a great powerful daw, but my main concern is its ability to load certain .dll plugins... (I'm on a windows PC.) I tried to load "Sine Player, Layers by orchestral tools," but nothing happened. It just said loading vst plugin, then nothing happened...
Which version of Windows and what hardware? 7 is no longer officially supported, nor are certain processors and 32-bit installs according to their requirements page https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/get-sine:
"Windows

Windows 10, (Windows 7 is not officially supported)
Intel Core i5 or similar
8GB RAM (16GB+ recommended)

General Notes

A lower number of higher-clocking cores are better than a higher number of lower-clocking cores.

A base frequency of 3.6 Ghz or higher works best.

If your CPU is from before 2012, please first check with the free Layers collection if your CPU supports SINE Player! First generation Intel Core CPUs, AMD Phenom II, and similar older CPUs from earlier than 2012 might be missing specific instruction sets.

We strongly recommend SSD drives over regular HDD for the best performance results.

If you use Pro Tools, you can use SINE Player in an external host like Vienna Ensemble Pro. AAX Support is planned for the future.
FL Studio shows performance issue with SINE Player. Using Vienna Ensemble Pro is a viable workaround here, too."

It also looks like certain DAWS give it trouble; I'd be curious to see if there's any similarity between how FL Studio and LMMS handle plugins, considering how often they're compared with each other. Do you have another DAW such as Reaper you could try opening it in just to see?
First off, Welcome to the Forum MusicalSnail !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

MusicalSnail wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:28 pm
Help! to load certain .dll plugins on a windows PC.:
"Sine Player, Layers by orchestral tools,"

It just said loading vst plugin, then nothing happened...
A little to early for a bug report. Most important is as Lumbergh says, your LMMS version
1.2.2 is the newest!
Do you only have issues with this VST? -Or have you only used this specific VST?

Then test if VST works at all
try MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy its dll to your VST-folder. Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win
Windows 10, LMMS Version 1.2.2 . I have 16GB Ram, and 64bit operating system... I also have an Intel i5, 3.20GHZ. I only use lmms so far, but was thinking of having Cakewalk just in case. @musikbear, I have other VST pluging that work just fine like VSCO2, Kontakt, and Labs.
UPDATE: The mda piano vst worked... but still not layers...

anyone?
MusicalSnail wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:21 pm
UPDATE: The mda piano vst worked... but still not layers...
Ok -so you can use Vestige, but not this one 'Layers'.
Some VSTs are made with Maize-kit-builder, those are not build to the off. Steinberg-standard, and they can be impossible to use in lmms.
It may be one of those you have -Drop it and find something else. I will make a note of the fail.
Thank you...

here is a vid about the malfunction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL8ASX5M-Gc
UPDATE: It only works on 64 bit systems...
I uninstalled and installed Lmms 64bit
MusicalSnail wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:23 pm
UPDATE: It only works on 64 bit systems...
I uninstalled and installed Lmms 64bit
Oh, so you have made it work on 64bits ?
Then the reason for the malfunction was that you attempted to use a x64 dll on a x32-pc. That is not possible! Normally x32 dll's run on x64-pc's, but never x64 dll on a x32-pc !