Higher Resolution Icons?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm working on an LMMS theme, and was curious if I can make higher resolution icons and textures? I was trying to make the top bar buttons larger (e.g the "New Project" button) but making the image larger then 20x20 didn't make it any larger.

I tried editing several values in the "style.css" to make them larger, but it made my icon smaller and smaller as the button got larger. Any help would be appreciated! :)

(I can post some images if needed.)
Squid Boi wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:55 pm
I'm working on an LMMS theme, and was curious if I can make higher resolution icons and textures? I was trying to make the top bar buttons larger (e.g the "New Project" button) but making the image larger then 20x20 didn't make it any larger.

I tried editing several values in the "style.css" to make them larger, but it made my icon smaller and smaller as the button got larger. Any help would be appreciated! :)

(I can post some images if needed.)
Hi,

You could work your icons in SVG instead high resolution PNG with Inkscape software. SVG is a vector picture format that allow you to change resolution anytime you want, or implement directly in LMMS when the interface is resizing. I don't have knowledge in programming, so I can't help you on this.

Moreover, I already made my theme with SVG icons, now available online: https://lmms.io/lsp/?action=show&file=17163

Have a good day.

benbou92
First off, Welcome to the Forum Squid Boi!
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Squid Boi wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:55 pm
editing several values in the "style.css" made my icon smaller and smaller as the button got larger.
If you manage to make larger buttons, then it ought to be possible to use larger icon-images. You need to experiment with the size of the actual pixel-map, until it correspond to the button-size, it should be a 2^n value.. Iirc its '32' default, so '64' or maby even '128' could be the sizing you need, however icon-size is not going to aid font-size, witch is the real issue (imo) in respect to a better accessibility version of lmms, and thats a Qt constant :/
Didn't know LMMS supported SVGs! (I also use Inkscape, so this is very good news to me.) Will be sure to use them.

It was 20x20 by default, so I was trying a 32x32 and 64x64 because usually these things are a 2^n value. Maybe I should try 40x40 and see what happens?

This was what happened when I modified the QToolButton options in the style.css file. (That green folder icon is 64x64)

I see what controls the button sizes, but I dunno what controls the icon sizes. Anyone know what value does?

Squid Boi wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:33 pm
Didn't know LMMS supported SVGs!
Euh! I wanted to say you can work you icons with SVG, but I don't know if LMMS can support SVG, or if it's possible to change something for make SVG compatible.

benbou92
Squid Boi wrote:
It was 20x20 by default, so I was trying a 32x32 and 64x64 because usually these things are a 2^n value. Maybe I should try 40x40 and see what happens?
Why would you use 40*40?

Code: Select all

2^n :
If the orr. icon is 20*20, then it is not 2^n, and you should be able to use any size
musikbear wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:13 pm
Squid Boi wrote:
Why would you use 40*40?

Code: Select all

2^n :
If the orr. icon is 20*20, then it is not 2^n, and you should be able to use any size
So far I tried:
40x40 Icon
64x64 Icon
256x256 Icon
Changing the DPI of the Icons
Editing every single value in the entire style.css file
Changing all the icons next to it to the same size as well
Tried a SVG

If anyone has anymore ideas to try lemme know.
Or if you know of any themes where those particular buttons are bigger. Maybe you could link it, and I could see what they did? :o