Soundfont Not Working

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, i'm new in the forums, but old in LMMS, i think i have never seen this before. I tried to put Orpheus' Soundfont that is 1,19 GB, but by a unknow reason when i load the sf2 file, nothing happens , the file don't load at all, and any sound is produced.
Also i tried DSK's Soundfont Loader but doesn't work too.
Somebody help me please.
Ushanka98 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:08 pm
Hello, i'm new in the forums, but old in LMMS,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Ushanka98 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I tried to put Orpheus' Soundfont that is 1,19 GB, when i load the sf2 file, nothing happens , the file don't load at all, and any sound is produced.
That is difficult.
You may have a corrupted file, or a file build in a way that lmms can't read. If you can use other soundfonts, then that part of lmms works. Finding a file that is incompatible with lmms happens.
Do you have latest lmms version (1.2.2)?
musikbear wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:29 pm
Ushanka98 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:08 pm
Hello, i'm new in the forums, but old in LMMS,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Ushanka98 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I tried to put Orpheus' Soundfont that is 1,19 GB, when i load the sf2 file, nothing happens , the file don't load at all, and any sound is produced.
That is difficult.
You may have a corrupted file, or a file build in a way that lmms can't read. If you can use other soundfonts, then that part of lmms works. Finding a file that is incompatible with lmms happens.
Do you have latest lmms version (1.2.2)?
Hello, yes i have LMMS 1.2.2, and also the file ins't corrupted, i also tried other soundfont (more than 1 GB) and doesn't work, looks like LMMS can't load large than 999 MB soundfonts. Others that ain't 1 GB works correctly, also forgot to say that the creator of the soundfont said to me that it works on whatever software. Sometime i read a post from a different user with the same problem. Also i forgot to say that my computer is Windows 7 32x. Hope in the future this be solved. =)
Ushanka98 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:14 pm
yes i have LMMS 1.2.2,
the file ins't corrupted,
tried other soundfont (more than 1 GB) doesn't work
looks like LMMS can't load large than 999 MB soundfonts.
Forgot to say that my computer is Windows 7 32x.
32x may be the problem. Have you made sure that the soundfonts are not 64-bits?
An other issue could be the amount of RAM.
What is your installed amount?

A third thing we need to look at, is if that soundfont actually is a GIGAfont, not meant for SF2, but for GIGAplayer. LMMS-1.2.2 has a native GIGA-player. I would like you to test, it the soundfont in fact loads as a GIGAfont. Where did you dl this soundfont from?
musikbear wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:33 pm
Ushanka98 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:14 pm
yes i have LMMS 1.2.2,
the file ins't corrupted,
tried other soundfont (more than 1 GB) doesn't work
looks like LMMS can't load large than 999 MB soundfonts.
Forgot to say that my computer is Windows 7 32x.
32x may be the problem. Have you made sure that the soundfonts are not 64-bits?
An other issue could be the amount of RAM.
What is your installed amount?

A third thing we need to look at, is if that soundfont actually is a GIGAfont, not meant for SF2, but for GIGAplayer. LMMS-1.2.2 has a native GIGA-player. I would like you to test, it the soundfont in fact loads as a GIGAfont. Where did you dl this soundfont from?
Hello, this is a regular sf2 and not an actual GIGAfont (i think), also i think the soundfont loads in 32x and 64x, I have 2 GB Ram. Here's the site i dl it : https://musical-artifacts.com/artifacts/1213
Ushanka98 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:29 am
I have 2 GB Ram.
That is properly not enough -If i look win7 usage of RAM up i get this:

to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor* 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit) 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

So win7 uses 1 GB for itself, and then you have other programs, like virus-scanner ao..??..
Lmms uses 170 mb bareboned, and then you attempt to load a 1.2 GB soundfont. That do not add up
musikbear wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:24 pm
Ushanka98 wrote:
I have 2 GB Ram.

to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor* 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit) 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

So win7 uses 1 GB for itself, and then you have other programs, like virus-scanner ao..??..
Lmms uses 170 mb bareboned, and then you attempt to load a 1.2 GB soundfont. That do not add up
Now I understand, thank you for your help.
musikbear wrote:
Ushanka98 wrote:
I have 2 GB Ram.

I Solved It, i mean i think i solved it, i was having the same problem with another soundfont, the "Symphonic Sounds" 850 MB in total, this time i tried in "Sforzando" and it works good. But thanks, for all days of help.
Ushanka98 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:57 pm
musikbear wrote:
Ushanka98 wrote:
I have 2 GB Ram.

I Solved It, i mean i think i solved it, i was having the same problem with another soundfont, the "Symphonic Sounds" 850 MB in total, this time i tried in "Sforzando" and it works good. But thanks, for all days of help.
And now i understand, the VST convert all banks and instruments into sfz, and turns easy to load the sound, and doesn't have to load the sf2, because it stay saved so you can load when you want. I doesn't even tried out Orpheus' soundfont. Thanks at all.