LMMS Not Installing Properly

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, I am Damariobros. I am trying to install LMMS on my dad's Windows 10 64-Bit computer. I go to the download page of LMMS, download the installer and run it. I run it and tell it to install in C:\Program Files\LMMS, and it installs. Yet when I open LMMS, and go into settings, all of the directories are targeted at nonexistent folders in the OneDrive, which isn't even set up on my dad's computer, and the target folders don't exist anywhere in C:\Program Files\LMMS\*. And all of the folders that don't contain more folders in them are empty. Furthermore, I have gone into the properties of LMMS.exe and gave it writing and modifying permissions, and put it on the antivirus whitelist for protected folder changes, and LMMS itself is still giving me the error that it can't save the project because it does not have permission to write. Please help!

And before you ask, yes, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Multiple times. No dice.
Damariobros wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:42 am
Hello, I am Damariobros.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Damariobros!
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

I am trying to install LMMS on my dad's Windows 10 64-Bit computer. I go to the download page of LMMS, download the installer and run it. I run it and tell it to install in C:\Program Files\LMMS, and it installs. Yet when I open LMMS, and go into settings, all of the directories are targeted at nonexistent folders in the OneDrive, which isn't even set up on my dad's computer, and the target folders don't exist anywhere in C:\Program Files\LMMS\*. And all of the folders that don't contain more folders in them are empty. Furthermore, I have gone into the properties of LMMS.exe and gave it writing and modifying permissions, and put it on the antivirus whitelist for protected folder changes, and LMMS itself is still giving me the error that it can't save the project because it does not have permission to write. Please help!
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Multiple times.
Well as i saw that
on my dad's Windows 10 64-Bit computer
I was sure you lacked permissions to install, but it looks like you have those..?
IF your dads pc has the highest possible windows-defender settings then You must be logged in as Administrator, and you must have Full-rights.
Windows-defender has been named the inbuild-virus, and can cause some serious 'amusing' issues, especially on strongest setting, where you as a user pretty much are logged out of your own pc.
I always encouraged new users to do a default-installation , eg accept all default settings, and just click ok through our whole install process,

https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... on_Windows

but you can ..CAN customise your install 100%, so you can avoid installing inside windows protected program-files, and choose any folder you like. The documentation will then however not be helpful, in respect to Settings.
My advice is that you checkup what limitations windows-defender invokes, and then maybe change those, if thats not an option, you need to make an installation outside program-files
Let us know the outcome :)
The problem is that not only is it not able to save, but also all of the target folders BY DEFAULT in the LMMS in-app Settings are targeting nonexistent folders in ONEDRIVE, of all places, which is not even set up, and the target folders that are supposed to exist in the folder LMMS was installed in do NOT in fact exist either. There are multiple parts to this problem.

Also, I have Windows Security set to warn instead of outright blocking it for me.

Any ideas about the nonexistent directories and wrong targets problem?

Oh, and I was able to install Steam as well as video games without problems, while logged into my own account. So I doubt it has to do with Windows Security and/or Windows Defender permissions.
I'm also unable to install it. I've windows 10 as well. Can someone guide me?
Damariobros wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:02 pm
all of the target folders BY DEFAULT in the LMMS in-app Settings are targeting nonexistent folders in ONEDRIVE, of all places, Any ideas about the nonexistent directories and wrong targets problem?
Change them to any library you want.
The choice ONEDRIVE must be something that is in the setup of windows10. My Guess is that Onedrive is marked as default user-folder, perhaps your father has made a virtual setup of <myName> | Documents and point that to OneDrive. It would be possible.
Have your / Your father or the computer-vendor made the initial win10 installation, and computer-setup?
Also, I have Windows Security set to warn instead of outright blocking it for me.
Ok. Good

Oh, and I was able to install Steam as well as video games without problems, while logged into my own account. So I doubt it has to do with Windows Security and/or Windows Defender permissions.
Different account, so that would not relate to anything on your Fathers account

Btw -this topic has been 'hiding' due to a forum-software error, it only appeared again because Jacob made a post in it. The reason for the error :unknown ;/ -sorry
First off, Welcome to the Forum Jacobb!
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

Jacobb wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:14 am
I'm also unable to install it. I've windows 10 as well. Can someone guide me?
Again, are you administrator of the pc ?
Do you get any error messages?
Screenshots? (read picture-post-guide in link above
Did you get your lmms-download from our site? https://lmms.io/download ?
Have you read and followed the first-install-guide: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... on_Windows
Let us know the outcome :)
Damariobros wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:02 pm
The problem is that not only is it not able to save, but also all of the target folders BY DEFAULT in the LMMS in-app Settings are targeting nonexistent folders in ONEDRIVE, of all places, which is not even set up, and the target folders that are supposed to exist in the folder LMMS was installed in do NOT in fact exist either. There are multiple parts to this problem.

Any ideas about the nonexistent directories and wrong targets problem?

First off, do you have admin permissions on your computer? Second, do you have an existing copy of LMMS installed? If so, try closing any instances of it and uninstalling it before installing 1.2.