LMMS doesn't start

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
@umcaruje but ... this was fixed in 1.1 -*and* had relations to using jack ?!
Now im confused 8|
No, it was not fixed in 1.1 and it does not have anything to do with jack, especially because LMMS doesn't even support jack on windows, and this is a windows specific bug.

The thing is that the portaudio lib does not go well with some system configurations and causes a crash. That's why LMMS defaults to SDL since 1.0 (or 1.1 can't remember exactly). Tbh easiest way to fix this issue is to delete your .lmmsrc.xml file and LMMS will just reset to its default sound device - SDL.
Hello!
I have the same issue than anka. ..
I see the logo and it just stop running.
I have Windows xp sp3 with 256mo (yeah really old^^ )
Maybe that is the reason
If someone can help !
Thanks you
Esdra
lmms runs fine on xp
'256mo'
That i dont understand ?
please post your:
* lmms vers
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most imortant)
* lmms sound device chosen
* if any -screenshots of error
Thanks for your answer
256mo is the ram
I download the latest vers
I didn't choose setting, I see the logo and then it stop
Hi @Data1001, @musicbear and @umcaruje

I'm sorry I didn't get back to this thread untill now - I thought I would get an email notification - I didn't - and was busy doing other things - so again sorry I'm late.

Thank you so very much for your kind assistance and guidance. It's a true asset for a community driven software program like LMMs to have users like you who are generous and helpfull. It also tells a visitor like me that LMMs is a great program :-)

When I followed @Data1001's advice I was able to make both the portable version and the installed version (also 32 bit) work.

1½ weeks ago I was teaching a class of 15 music students and they all installed LMMs on both mac and windows laptops (v. 7 and 8 ) without any problems what so ever.

I had an older version (1.1.0. If I remember correctly) on another laptop (also running Win 7 and I was able to show them what to do on a projector.

None of the students knew about LMMs or much about step sequencing and only a couple of them had played with FL. Studio.
Everyone were able to create nice loops and build compositions from them working with LMMs for only two hours :-)

I didn't show much - and all students were able to figure out how to navigate in LMMS and use the program almost completely by them selves as they were working on their ideas.
LMMs is a really great and intuitive program - which has come a very long way :-)

Thanks again - I really apreciate that you looked into it and answered my question/solved my problem in a way that was both polite, friendly and easy to follow :-)

Cheers Måns Mårtensson (Teacher from Denmark)
I'm really glad to hear that LMMS is being used in education, that is so cool. I wish I had teachers that'd do that in my school :D

You sir are awesome.
Hejsa Måns
Im particular happy with the things you tell us about LMMS being intuitive and easy to use, for even 'DAW illiterates' -such a use-case like situation, is almost invaluable for development, and it is absolutely great to hear!
If any of your students, or you self, finds some lmms workflows particular cumbersome, it can aid the project a lot, if you would report that :
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues?q=is%3Aopen
please tag the topic 'workflow'
@Esdra -im very sorry, looks like i have missed your post :/
256 mb ram is not enough, im afraid
Most now have ram in excess of ~1000 mb (1 gb), and 256mb will not do, sorry.
Hi

I have the same problem as anka with LMMS 1.1.3 win 32bit version

Win XP 32-bit version (yeah i know its old)
2gb ram

Any solution?