Pulsing sound problem

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello all,

I have a very irritating problem, first though (But i dont think this is will assist in resolution of the problem)

Windows 8 pro
4GB Ram
Core i5-3317U 1.7ghz
64 bit Microsoft Surface

The problem,

On one song only that i am working on, there is a pulsating sound in the background of the song, it is very apparent at the beginning of the song but is drowned out later by the other instruments.

The very strange thing is, it is there even when nothing is playing.

I have tried turning every instrument on mute one by one and it still persists, listen to the first minute of this track, you will hear it interfering with the instruments playing,

https://we.tl/t-IHaj6J82yJ

Any ideas what is causing this, i cant really finish this track out with this in the start.

you can hear it most at 44, 45, 46 ,47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 seconds interfering with the instrument.
Incorruptable wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:57 am
Hello all,

I have a very irritating problem, first though (But i dont think this is will assist in resolution of the problem)

Windows 8 pro
4GB Ram
Core i5-3317U 1.7ghz
64 bit Microsoft Surface

The problem,

On one song only that i am working on, there is a pulsating sound in the background of the song, it is very apparent at the beginning of the song but is drowned out later by the other instruments.

The very strange thing is, it is there even when nothing is playing.

I have tried turning every instrument on mute one by one and it still persists, listen to the first minute of this track, you will hear it interfering with the instruments playing,

https://we.tl/t-IHaj6J82yJ

Any ideas what is causing this, i cant really finish this track out with this in the start.

you can hear it most at 44, 45, 46 ,47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 seconds interfering with the instrument.
Lool I thought i would be listening to something almost unaudible like a subtle hum in the background, and here you have a file with an active Drone.. Holy.. 😲
It must be something in an instrument you need to kill.

Have you tried making a loop where this is most prominent and then mute each instrument in round-robin Then you should be able to find the one that has lost some marbles
When you do, then to get rid of it, open it, and then send the same instrument into the flawed one, then you should be able to kill the Drone, unless you do not use it at all, then just delete it!

zasfx can sometimes do that, it just go into 'auto-play', but then you have the option inside the UI, to Kill-sound.
It is the Panic-button

If its a VST, the the Turn-off-all-notes button should fix it:
(ignore the red markings, that for an other issue :p )
will give it a try, thanks.