Importing midi with Sustain Pedal information?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've seen some old threads about this, but I'm hoping that the situation has changed in the last few years.

Is there any way to retain sustain pedal information when importing Midi? I've been able to use other tools (Rosegarden) to verify that the pedal information is indeed in the Midi file, but when I import it, LMMS just ignores it when playing it back.

When *recording* from a MIDI device, LMMS records the pedal information just fine, so it seems like LMMS has the capability to handle pedal information, but that it ignores it when inputting Midi.

Is there a way to either (1) use the pedal information when importing midi files, or (2) trick LMMS into thinking that it's recording from a Midi file so that it sees the pedal information?
jmite wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:45 pm
I've seen some old threads about this, but I'm hoping that the situation has changed in the last few years.
Afaik there are still no support. Er habe a guide for connecting one HW-controller, but i do not think a sustain-pedal could be fully connected
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Us ... oard-wheel
Variated Sustain would need sustain-by-note, LMMS does not have that. Sustain is implemented on the instrument-envelope, and depends on note length