Tempo automation - visual feedback - Macos

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I thought I'd try tempo automation one more time yesterday. I have LMMS running on Macos, and I wonder if the issues I found are Macos specific or more general. Basically there is no useful visual feedback, so it's impossible to tell where the control points are while a piece is playing. The cursor does not seem to follow the timeline well.

After a bit of trial and error I was able to get some tempo changes into the piece I was working on, but it was pretty random. Really not good at all. Unfortunately, since Apple "upgraded" to Catalina my versions of other DAWS - such as Logic and Reaper don't work well, but I'm sure they do this kind of automation better than LMMS.

This is just so frustrating, as LMMS is really rather good at many things.
dave2002-lmms wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:08 am
I thought I'd try tempo automation one more time yesterday. I have LMMS running on Macos, and I wonder if the issues I found are Macos specific or more general. Basically there is no useful visual feedback, so it's impossible to tell where the control points are while a piece is playing. The cursor does not seem to follow the timeline well.

After a bit of trial and error I was able to get some tempo changes into the piece I was working on, but it was pretty random. Really not good at all. Unfortunately, since Apple "upgraded" to Catalina my versions of other DAWS - such as Logic and Reaper don't work well, but I'm sure they do this kind of automation better than LMMS.

This is just so frustrating, as LMMS is really rather good at many things.
MAC is closed territory -If lmms automation fails in MAC-os, it may be a bug.
MAC support is a wip
Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIToz0LIRIM
That is working in win & linux
Thanks. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I also had a look at this - https://youtu.be/Nl4fj0vkQOY about pitch bends using automation. What I noticed was that you were using the automation in an off-line mode, and then listening to the pitch bends. Can that be done in online mode - i.e. dynamically too? For example, in a live performance.

What I was trying to do with the tempo automation was to listen to the output and dynamically vary the tempo, with perhaps a sort of tidy up edit afterwards. Maybe that's not how others use that feature, or maybe that wasn't the intention, but it would be helpful.

If it is supposed to be that way, then that's not the way things work on my Mac.
dave2002-lmms wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:38 am
live performance.
-on Mac.
Again you poke in a sore spot..
Lmms is not build for live-performances.
There are Discussions and ideas on gitHub, but i would not expect anything 1.x