Akai MPC Essentials won't unlock in LMMS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Just got an Akai midi controller, i was super excited to use the essentials program because it's supposed to make sample chopoping and drum mapping easy. I installed it, activated it in the standalone application. When I try to open MPC essentials in it's .vst format in LMMS it says i need to unlock it still, even though i'm registered and everything in the application version of the plugin. Apparently this was an issue for GarageBand users too with this VST. I guess the fix is copying the MPCEssentials.settings file that the standalone application generates into a folder in GarageBand. I assume i'll have to do something similar in LMMS, but I can't find any folders that have .settings files for VSTs in the LMMS file structure. Does anyone have any ideas where to put this file to get the plugin to recognize that i have infact unlocked this software? I tried just dropping in the plugins folder but no dice.
First off, Welcome to the Forum dantrog !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
dantrog wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:31 pm
Just got an Akai midi controller, i was super excited to use the essentials program because it's supposed to make sample chopoping and drum mapping easy. I installed it, activated it in the standalone application. When I try to open MPC essentials in it's .vst format in LMMS it says i need to unlock it still, even though i'm registered and everything in the application version of the plugin. Apparently this was an issue for GarageBand users too with this VST. I guess the fix is copying the MPCEssentials.settings file that the standalone application generates into a folder in GarageBand. I assume i'll have to do something similar in LMMS, but I can't find any folders that have .settings files for VSTs in the LMMS file structure. Does anyone have any ideas where to put this file to get the plugin to recognize that i have infact unlocked this software? I tried just dropping in the plugins folder but no dice.
I would also have tried the plugin-folder in as much as understood the same folder where the NPC-Dll is placed -Is that what you have tried?
If so, then try dropping it in the lmms-folder -Eg in the same folder where we have lmms.exe, since that is in the windows protected folder Program-files, you need Admin-account to try that!
Let us know the outcome, because this may be an issue, that need a 'patch', in a later release.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding the .settings file in the LMMS file structure. It can be tricky trying to locate the specific file or folder that you need, especially with LMMS! I suggest that you try running a search in the root of your LMMS file structure to see if it is hidden somewhere that you haven't looked yet. You may also want to double check to make sure that the .settings file is in the correct folder within the plugins folder. If neither of these things work, then you might want to reach out to the software provider to ask for their help and guidance. They should be able to provide specific instructions on how to unlock the software and make sure the .settings file is located in the right folder. I hope this helps and good luck!
First off, Welcome to the Forum Lisamagnusson !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Lisamagnusson wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:32 pm
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding the .settings file in the LMMS file structure.
LMMS does not have a dot-file named .Settings
The dot-file in LMMS is named .lmmsrc.xml
.lmmsrc.xml is automatically build by LMMS in case of corruption of the file
It is located in \Users\<Username>\
The file is in windows protected and cant be deleted, but it can be moved.
In my personal opinion, it appears that you're facing some difficulties when it comes to unlocking the MPC Essentials VST in LMMS. I came across a forum post where other users have also reported encountering this issue. Sadly, I couldn't find any specific instructions on how to transfer the MPCEssentials.settings file into LMMS. However, I stumbled upon a Reddit post that suggests utilizing the MPC Beats interface within LMMS instead. To access the .dll file for MPC Beats, you should navigate to Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/vstplugins.

INJECTED ADD REMOVED!!!
Warning issued!