Is there a way to simulate the effects of tracker music?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, firstly I send you a greeting since this is my first message in this forum :)

And now my question:
Is there a way to simulate the typical effects of tracker/mod songs as portamento up, portamento down, vibrato, volume slide, etc. through some LADSPA/LV2 plugin or another system?
What is the most effective way to do that you know?

LMMS is fabulous in any case, but the fact is that these features bring somehow him would be very interesting.

Greetings.
most VSTs (for instance Synth1) and zynAddSubFX (zyn) has capabillities for port/ legato, but only zyn will let you automate, and only very limited -on/off.
In zyn, turn up the knob PORT to max and you have portamento on the instrument. You can automate all lmms controls, including mixer channel sliders, you can use the Detune-feature on all non-vsts-based instruments
I hope this sends you in the right direction. It is really 'only' a quistion of deep study on the interface of various VSTs /plugins, cause lmms can handle a lot (not all., but lists are growing:)

B.r.
Firstly, thanks for your response musikbear.

I've been around seven months using LMMS especially with VSTi Synth1, but the truth is that I've done in a more or less basic way (legato, reverb on/off, etc.), for which I need to investigate more deeply controls as you told me.

"You can automate all lmms controls, including mixer channel sliders, you can use the Detune-feature on all non-vsts-based instruments"
Yeah I know, in my songs I've used some automations (for panning, volume, detune a bit, ...).

"In zyn, turn up the knob PORT to max and you have portamento on the instrument"
interesting...

Thanks again for your response, I'm sure that will help me much :)

Greetings, and happy musical creations.
Automation tracks are also available in the beat-bassline editor if you have some repetitive ideas in mind. (Not everyone seems to catch that.) The 303 emulator instrument that comes with LMMS also has a portamento slide enabled by a I/O control. Last but not least, some instruments where automation doesn't seem to work (seems to be controls with multiple discrete settings) - there's a "passthrough hack" (explained in another thread) using the LFO controller which seems to get around it. Speaking of LFO, using that on a ringmod FX can give a really twisted glitchy sound. And there is at least one LADSPA sample-rate/bitdepth distortion which can give some lo-fi quality to instruments and samples, if you're really after some 8-bit or 16-bit sounds.

Some of that might be more "glitch" or "chiptune" than "tracker", but still can't hurt to play with those things.
If you want to mimic an Amiga, consider downloading Freepats; it's a package available online containing GUS-patches that can be played within Patman plugin.:3 These are MIDI instruments designed to play in the legendary Gravis Ultrasound soundcard, I heard some tracker softwares work with these. I have them, sounds really Amiga-like.

Portamento up, portamento down: super tricky to do accurately, if you don't wish to use Zynaddsubfx's portamento trick. You need to automate the PITCH of the instrument. It takes practice and I have done twice. This method is better than the Zynaddsubfx portamento because the portamento can start at the end of a note, rather than at it's start. Essentially, it's picth bending.
Vibrato: there's a LADSPA plugin called TAP Vibrato that does it.
Volume slide: I dunno what is that.x3
Volume slide is simply fading the volume in or out. To do this, automate the volume knob on your instrument.

I implemented a vibrato effect by automating the pitch knob of my instrument. Works well with the default plugins like Freeboy.

I have a related question: It seems that the default pitch automation only works with sampled instruments, but not with the standard plugins (Freeboy, 3xOSC, Vibed, etc). Why is that?
I suppose that LMMS is a magnificent device for everyone who needs to create music. It has a lot of elements that make it effortless to use and permit you to create expert-sounding tracks. One aspect that I love about LMMS is that it has a lot of built-in outcomes and plugins that can help you reap the sounds you want. For example, you can use the portamento impact to make your notes easily transition from one pitch to another or the vibrato impact to give your music a greater dynamic feel. Additionally, LMMS has a lot of one-of-a kind gadgets and samples that you can use to create special sounds. Overall, I assume that LMMS is a must-have device for every person who needs to create music.
Remember that enforcing these consequences may also require some understanding of digital sign processing and audio programming. The preference for the most tremendous approach depends on your particular use case, platform, and improvement skills. Feel free to explore these selections and test them to discover which is the best fit for your project. Good luck with your mobile development endeavors https://andersenlab.com/services/mobile-development , and enjoy working with LMMS!