Fine tuning of one part of a midi file

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm currently listening to a midi version of a piece for wind quintet. It strikes me that one virtual instrument is not tuned as I would like it. Is it possible to fine tune just a few midi instrument tracks in LMMS? I know how to move the tracks up or down by semitones, but what is required here is, I think, just a small adjustment - probably of just one track.
dave2002-lmms wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:59 pm
I'm currently listening to a midi version of a piece for wind quintet. It strikes me that one virtual instrument is not tuned as I would like it. Is it possible to fine tune just a few midi instrument tracks in LMMS? I know how to move the tracks up or down by semitones, but what is required here is, I think, just a small adjustment - probably of just one track.
Tuning is done on the preset, not the midi-notes, and you can finetune using the PITCH button and selecting a span.
depending on the instrument, there are also tuning options
Thanks musikBear.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the Preset. I certainly don't want to change the midi notes. I just want the virtual instrument associated with a track to be tunable - and I mean fine tunable, not just by a semitone up or down which I know can be done quite often by shifting the base note on the little keyboard interface.

I'll look into this further - I'm working on several fronts right now - but I would like to do this.

Some DAWs - such as Logic, now allow very fine control of tuning, even on individual notes, but I'm not asking for that. If I wanted that I'd use Logic, even though Apple has meesed things about quite a lot with interaction between their Apps (Logic, Fine Cut etc.) and Catalina.
dave2002-lmms wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:15 am
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the Preset. I certainly don't want to change the midi notes.
Presets are all the actual musical instrument, that you find in sidebar My-presets.
In sidebar we have the 'raw instruments' under the tab My-instruments. That name is the reason for confusion. The raw-'instruments', should be named sound-generators. It is first after some dials has been moved, and the changes has been named and saved, that we have made an instrument-preset
'All' lmms instruments has a detuning option (not Vibed)
Use PITCH with a low range, and you can detune that specific instrument-track to any microtonal wish
I'm not quite there yet. I've found "My Presets", but can't see "My Instruments". Digging around in some of the sidebar options does locate some objects which look as though they might be "raw" instruments. Mostly in LMMS I like to use Sfz based instruments.

I suspect the configuration for MacOS should look the same as for other platforms, but as I've just written, I'm not seeing anything called "My Instruments".

Thanks again for the pointer, though. Maybe I'll get this to work eventually.
I think I've now found out how to change the tuning of single instruments. Indeed that is by adjusting the knob - the third one in above the instrument - labelled Pitch. I'm going to try to get some good, or at least interesting, effects by using that approach. It can be done dynamically, while the instrument is playing. I assume that the Pitch knob can also be linked to an automation track if wanted.

Now I still would like to find out how to do global pitch.