Settings aren't saved after restart in x64 Linux appimage

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I keep setting a theme and soundfont directory change but it's not being saved when I restart the appimage. Am I missing something?
I do not know about the theme, but the path to your soundfont directory should be saved.

I wonder if the theme is causing the issue?
Soundezayy11 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:29 pm
I keep setting a theme and soundfont directory change but it's not being saved when I restart the appimage. Am I missing something?
Thats odd
My thoughts are rights -rather not having them for editing the file with the paths.. The notorious \.lmmsrc.xml 'dot-file'.
That is the file you need to locate!
Inspect it for limited user-rights for writing and saving
( It would be odd though, because then no settings should be kept at all, and you should get a popup every time you open lmms, requesting you to make selections for settings, and you do not get that -right? )
Let us know if you can find this file, and in what directory!
Btw.. You do have our orr. 1.2.2 AppImage -right?
musikbear wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:19 pm
Soundezayy11 wrote:
Thats odd
My thoughts are rights -rather not having them for editing the file with the paths.. The notorious \.lmmsrc.xml 'dot-file'.
( It would be odd though, because then no settings should be kept at all, and you should get a popup every time you open lmms, requesting you to make selections for settings, and you do not get that -right? )
I ended up finding the file in my home directory and it appears to have all the right permissions. I guess I misspoke in regards to the soundfont directory not saving right but there's something weird though in regards to the theme.

I opened up the xml file and manually changed

Code: Select all

artwork="data:/themes/default/"
to

artwork="data:/themes/classic/"
and it worked to change the theme to the classic one. I then changed back to the default theme within LMMS, restarted, and that worked too. I then tried to change BACK to the classic theme within LMMS and then restarted but it once again failed. No clue what that's about.
Soundezayy11 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:15 am
musikbear wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:19 pm
Soundezayy11 wrote:
Thats odd
I ended up finding the file in my home directory and it appears to have all the right permissions. I guess I misspoke in regards to the soundfont directory not saving right but there's something weird though in regards to the theme.

I opened up the xml file and manually changed

artwork="data:/themes/default/"
to

artwork="data:/themes/classic/"
and it worked to change the theme to the classic one. I then changed back to the default theme within LMMS, restarted, and that worked too. I then tried to change BACK to the classic theme within LMMS and then restarted but it once again failed. No clue what that's about.
Very odd! You may have stumpled over a bug. TY for reporting!
I got 1.3.0-alpha.1.102+g89fc6c9 and it no longer works to make the change I alluded to previously. It seems like the instant I start the program, it forces the theme directory back to the default one.

New: Nevermind the above. I made sure the program was closed and then also changed:

theme="data:/themes/default/"
to

theme="data:/themes/classic/"
saved and then closed the xml file and then started the program and it worked.