Problem with correct scale in the LMMS module VeSTige

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I now use LMMS version 1.2.2 - 64 bit/Windows 7. Anytime when I load any VST instrument into module VeSTige, I can not get the correct scale. The tone/pitch on key C is always higher. I have to set the knob PITCH to minus values in the range - 10 to 20 cents to get the correct scale. The white square above graphic Midi keyboard does not help if I move it. I tested several VST instruments and I had to adjust the knob PITCH at various values at each loading of any VSTi. Is it some bug? Someone noticed of this issue?
Artvera wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:30 pm
tone/pitch on key C is always higher. I have to set the knob PITCH to minus values in the range - 10 to 20 cents to get the correct scale. The white square above graphic Midi keyboard does not help if I move it.
'Scale' is not the correct expression. What you see is a problem with tuning. I have heard this mentioned before, but i have never seen it.
Anytime when I load any VST instrument into module VeSTige, I can not get the correct scale. The tone/pitch on key C is always higher. I have to set the knob PITCH to minus values in the range
First we need to find out if this indeed is a problem for any VST.
I like you to test this:
Get MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy its dll to your VST-folder. Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win.
Does that have this fail?
I like you to test that in this fashion:
* Insert default MDA-piano in song-editor. Default mean: Do not alter anything at all!
* Open a pianoroll and insert a one bar long note on c4
* from sidebar Insert Tripple OSC preset Harmonium directly below MDA-piano
* copy the note-block with c4 to this track
* press play
It is expected that the two instruments are in perfect harmony
Is it?

What is the name of a VST that fails & link to a download for this VST?
I tested it with mda Piano but I got the same result. I inserted notes by mouse in Piano Roll at both synths (mda Piano and Triple Oscillator) on key C5. When I pushed Play button, both synths showed green key C5 in their LMMS modules on graphic keyboard but the sound of mda Piano was higher. I tried all audio ports but only Win WASAPI works for me. None external Midi In was selected. I use only mouse and graphic keyboard on each LMMS module. I tried some other native LMMS modules and it was ok. Only module VeSTige has this problem. I checked all setting in this module and PITCH is on zero value, white small square is in the same position like on another modules above their graphic keyboards.

Actually I installed new version of LMMS yesterday and just I selected audio port. I did not any changes. Then I loaded my ART Pyrite and Golden ASET and I detected that pitch is not correct. Then I loaded The Tigger free from HG Fortune and I got the same incorrect pitch. All plugins were 32 bit. So I did other test with 64 bit VSTi Sampleson CollaB3 but with the same result. So there is not any difference if I load 32 bit or 64 bit VST instrument. Only the knob PITCH on LMMS module helps me to set the correct pitch at any VSTi plugin.

I tested also 2getheraudio - Cheeze Machine_x64, Elektrostudio - Esline String_x32 and TAL - NoiseMaker_x64, all with the same higher pitch than it should be on key C.
Artvera wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:38 pm
I tested it with mda Piano but I got the same result. I inserted notes by mouse in Piano Roll at both synths (mda Piano and Triple Oscillator) on key C5. When I pushed Play button, both synths showed green key C5 in their LMMS modules on graphic keyboard but the sound of mda Piano was higher. I tried all audio ports but only Win WASAPI works for me. None external Midi In was selected. I use only mouse and graphic keyboard on each LMMS module. I tried some other native LMMS modules and it was ok. Only module VeSTige has this problem. I checked all setting in this module and PITCH is on zero value, white small square is in the same position like on another modules above their graphic keyboards.

Actually I installed new version of LMMS yesterday and just I selected audio port. I did not any changes. Then I loaded my ART Pyrite and Golden ASET and I detected that pitch is not correct. Then I loaded The Tigger free from HG Fortune and I got the same incorrect pitch. All plugins were 32 bit. So I did other test with 64 bit VSTi Sampleson CollaB3 but with the same result. So there is not any difference if I load 32 bit or 64 bit VST instrument. Only the knob PITCH on LMMS module helps me to set the correct pitch at any VSTi plugin.

I tested also 2getheraudio - Cheeze Machine_x64, Elektrostudio - Esline String_x32 and TAL - NoiseMaker_x64, all with the same higher pitch than it should be on key C.
There is only one thing that stands out :
I tried all audio ports but only Win WASAPI works for me.
That is not best on windows.
Do try with SDL! -That is the correct backend for all Windows OS
When I selected SDL in box Audio Inteface so the box Device did not offer any item so I thought that I have none device for this selection. I did not expect that SDL will work without any choice of DEVICE.

But yes, it worked and pitch is now ok. It is a small mystery to me that WASAPI have such influence only to external plugins and not to native LMMS plugins. Maybe you can mention it in your online manual that users can know this WASAPI issue.

Thank you for your support!