Change fx channel on beat/bassline

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello everyone.
I'm reading the book "LMMS- A Complete Guide to Dance Music Production" (i'm very green into music, daws and lmms)
Basically i'm in the chapter where i'm asked to clone two beat/bassline tracks (each one containing of the same four audiofile processors).
Then, in the cloned beat/bassline tracks i'm told to edit the fx channel of each audiofile processor.
But doing so, it modifies the fx channel of the audiofile processor in the original track as well.

How can i solve that? It seems that each beat/bassline contains the same object "audiofile processor" and not another instance of it.

Btw sorry for my bad Englis! And thank you in advance.
davide_fx wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:41 pm
Hello everyone.
I'm reading the book "LMMS- A Complete Guide to Dance Music Production" (i'm very green into music, daws and lmms)
Basically i'm in the chapter where i'm asked to clone two beat/bassline tracks (each one containing of the same four audiofile processors).
Then, in the cloned beat/bassline tracks i'm told to edit the fx channel of each audiofile processor.
But doing so, it modifies the fx channel of the audiofile processor in the original track as well.

How can i solve that? It seems that each beat/bassline contains the same object "audiofile processor" and not another instance of it.

Btw sorry for my bad Englis! And thank you in advance.
Hi, and welcome! Your English is great :)

That book is from 2012, so depending on what version of LMMS you are using, it might be outdated. If you want more resources, we have an ongoing, power-user led update of our online documentation: https://docs.lmms.io/user-manual/

Regarding B&B and cloning, all instruments and samples added to the B&B rack are completely shared across all B&B tracks, so any changes will reflect across all of them. This is by design, and has been this way since it was added. To edit an instrument individually, it would need to be added to the main Song Editor directly. Each method has pros and cons!

I hope this was helpful!
Thank you! At least now i can understand better how it works! A workaround could be adding the same sample multiple times, thus forcing the instantiation of the audiofile processor. But i believe it could get cumbersome on complex patterns.
I'll take a look at the manual!