Cannot access folders in "My Home" panel

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've been using LMMS for 8 days and had no issues. Tonight I opened the program and now on the far left panel when I click on "My Home" (where I should see a list of folders on my laptop), only some folders are visible on the list while several others are not - including the LMMS folder itself. Yes, the folders are still on my computer. I'm on Windows 10 running LMMS 1.2.2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
First off, Welcome to the Forum iamjohnrobinson !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
iamjohnrobinson wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:19 am
I've been using LMMS for 8 days and had no issues. Tonight I opened the program and now on the far left panel when I click on "My Home" (where I should see a list of folders on my laptop), only some folders are visible on the list while several others are not - including the LMMS folder itself. Yes, the folders are still on my computer. I'm on Windows 10 running LMMS 1.2.2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Since this is an issue that has 'appeared', you need to think back on what you may have done before this started.
First thing to try is always to restart your pc. That way you make sure you have no buffer issues or other typical windows issues, but i also want to know:
If you use the option open-recently (the stopwatch-icon) Do you get a list over the last opened projects, and are that list complete?
How does the other options in the sidebar react
* My computer
* My projects
* My presets
* My samples
Do they show the correct and expected folders and content?
Thank you for your reply. To answer your questions:
1. I closed the lid on my laptop, went to bed, and the next day when I started using LMMS, I noticed the issue. According to my laptop history, Windows installed a Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.85 and a Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus the night of January 12.
2. I did close down all programs, powered off the laptop, and booted it up again (more than once). Issue is still happening.
3. Recently opened projects list is complete.
4. Other sidebar options: "My Projects," "My Samples," and "My Presets" all appear to be complete and the links are working (I tested several but didn't open them all). The "My Home" tab is only showing 18 folders (there are many more) that exist on my laptop, including the one where I've loaded some vocal tracks to be imported into LMMS. Even when I copy them into a folder that IS showing in the list, the files are invisible in the LMMS sidebar. And, as mentioned, the LMMS folder no longer appears there.
iamjohnrobinson wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:05 am
Thank you for your reply. To answer your questions:
1. I closed the lid on my laptop, went to bed, and the next day when I started using LMMS, I noticed the issue. According to my laptop history, Windows installed a Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.85 and a Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus the night of January 12.
2. I did close down all programs, powered off the laptop, and booted it up again (more than once). Issue is still happening.
3. Recently opened projects list is complete.
4. Other sidebar options: "My Projects," "My Samples," and "My Presets" all appear to be complete and the links are working (I tested several but didn't open them all). The "My Home" tab is only showing 18 folders (there are many more) that exist on my laptop, including the one where I've loaded some vocal tracks to be imported into LMMS. Even when I copy them into a folder that IS showing in the list, the files are invisible in the LMMS sidebar. And, as mentioned, the LMMS folder no longer appears there.
The only thing i can think of, is that windows does not trust LMMS.
We have that issue, because LMMS is not signed wit Microsoft. (Cost a fortune...) Sometimes we have users that cant install at all, because windows distrust LMMS on the security setting chosen by that user. What i imagine happens here, is that some of the folders you cant access, has been set to a security level, that dont trust LMMS. that would be part of the security-update you had. You should then manually, find the security settings for the folders in question, and there in the advanced property settings, set LMMS as a App, that is allowed to read/ write in the folder. That is a hazzle..... And on top of that, it may make 'other' things go haywire...
( have had a lot of 'fun' with security settings, because i run batch-scripts where each need trusted access... And windows just dont want to play ball -resulting in popups like the one here....
3 guesses allowed for whom my IT-Administrator could be........ )
So...
What i think is -Why do you want to use folders in that special location?
Your LMMS domain is in USERNAME. Why cant you use that as directory for the files?
I checked my own 'my home', and it is not a directory i would use for anything related to LMMS. There are several dot-folders indicating that it is a domain used by programs -In fact, i think we ought to remove that shortcut from LMMS..