Try to access custom Vital Presets in VeSTige, LMMS crashes

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi, all. I'm new to the forum. I having troubles with LMMS.

I've recently started using Vital, a spectral warping wavetable synth VST. Inside of Vital, you can save presets, which I'm sure is characteristic of most/all VSTs.
I'm also sure you all already know that in order to access VSTs on LMMS, you have to use VeSTige.

So, here's the process of how all this went down:

I enter LMMS, and the first thing I do is throw VeSTige into the Song Editor and open up Vital with it. Vital loads, and I head straight to my presets and select one that I'd like to use. Immediately after clicking it, my computer lags for a couple seconds, and then the blue buffering ring appears on my cursor. Then the screen gets that thick transparent white overlay that it does when your program is not responding. As a result, I've never been able to use my presets inside of LMMS. I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem, or if you all can help me diagnose/fix it? Thank you!
PikaDominator wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:57 am
Hi, all. I'm new to the forum.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum PikaDominator !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I've never been able to use my Vital-presets inside of LMMS.
That is difficult to dissect, especially because i yet have not installed Vital, but there is a couple of things i would like you to tell me, and something you should try.
First, when you say 'preset' is is a preset saved with Vital, eg as a preset in a Vital-bank OR is it a preset in LMMS saved with the save-icon on the LMMS-Vestige-UI? eg:
Image The general preset-save button to the right.
If it is not, I would like to try saving as a LMMS-preset. I suggest you make a subfolder in the my-preset-folder, and name Vital, then save the prests of vital as LMMS-presets in that folder. I hope that will make it possible for you to load the saved presets
Let us know the outcome :)
musikbear wrote: If it is not, I would like to try saving as a LMMS-preset. I suggest you make a subfolder in the my-preset-folder, and name Vital, then save the prests of vital as LMMS-presets in that folder. I hope that will make it possible for you to load the saved presets
Let us know the outcome :)
Thanks for the reply! Yes, they are Vital presets, not saved as LMMS presets. I will gladly make a test sound in Vital to try that method with.
I have a few concerns, however.
I already have quite a few presets that I would like to use in LMMS. With them not working, there's no way to turn them into LMMS presets without loading them in Vital first, which, as previously mentioned, is not possible.
The simple (yet painstaking and tedious) method to fix this is to make them all again and then save them as LMMS presets instead of Vital presets, but do I really want to do all that?
Again, thank you. :)
So my question is: How do I use an LMMS preset after I save it? In VeSTige, the all the options I get are:
Load VST Plugin (which isn't loading a preset so not helpful)
Show/Hide GUI (completely unrelated, not helpful)
Turn Off All Notes (again, completely unrelated, not helpful)
and then the preset section, which has
A Left Arrow (?)
A Right Arrow (?)
A Down Arrow (?)
A folder icon for Opening a VST-Plugin Preset (I thought this was it, but when I click it nothing happens)
And a Save icon for Saving the Preset (but I already did that with the General Save Preset buttion by the vol, pan, pitch, range, and fx nobs).
That's all it gives me, so I don't know how to actually load a preset after I save it.
PikaDominator wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:57 pm
So my question is: How do I use an LMMS preset after I save it? In VeSTige, the all the options I get are:
Load VST Plugin (which isn't loading a preset so not helpful)
Show/Hide GUI (completely unrelated, not helpful)
Turn Off All Notes (again, completely unrelated, not helpful)
and then the preset section, which has
A Left Arrow (?)
A Right Arrow (?)
A Down Arrow (?)
A folder icon for Opening a VST-Plugin Preset (I thought this was it, but when I click it nothing happens)
And a Save icon for Saving the Preset (but I already did that with the General Save Preset buttion by the vol, pan, pitch, range, and fx nobs).
That's all it gives me, so I don't know how to actually load a preset after I save it.
All presets can be dragged into the editors, but i prefer to right-click on the name of the preset, and from the context-menu select "Open-in-songeditor (/BB-editor)" That always work, dragging can 'lag' a bit, and i dont like that myself
In respect to how to save the Vital-bank-entries, that is going to be difficult. Maybe you could attempt to load in a completely empty project, one with no notes or anything else at all, that is your best option.