Can I use this VST or not

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I found this VST, and although vestige loads it, and it does work, I can't find an option to start it from the piano roll.

Wondering if I am doing something wrong, or does this vst just not work 100% with LMMS ?
Because I can't drag the play / stop button into an automation track.

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/bucketpops.html
Gps wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:13 pm
I found this VST, and although vestige loads it, and it does work, I can't find an option to start it from the piano roll.
Wondering if I am doing something wrong, or does this vst just not work 100% with LMMS ?
Its a "rhythm-creater thing" isent it like the drum-machine / ao sequencers plugins, that you need to send only one signal, start Something like i do here:
The crucial find, is how to get that start/stop signal.. But it looks like an interesting plugin, so i will try and get it working :)
Thank you and if you had not noticed it, its the drummachine Jean Michel Jarre used on Oxygene. :D

Now gonna watch your vid,
Gps wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:13 pm

Sorry for the late responce
Yes you can use it.
The 3 important dials is the 2. 3. and 4.
Power simply let you start and shut-off the machine. It is a on/off 'button' : >50=on, <50 is off
Tempo controls bpm when it is not host-synch
Tempo-synch Switches between host and plugin bpm It is a on/off 'button'

So you need to automate Power in on/off states, and you can then set bpm so host (lmms-synch) or the internal value of the plugin
The two absurdly annoying 'craeap' noises are querda and guiro -The two first sliders, and they can be muted

a fun thing is that the effects are also distributed over the keyboard c3 -> c5, so its also possible to play them 'manually' as if it was a soundfont or sampler
Thank you, and will give it a try :D

Automating the on / off switch I had already tested and it did work,

The tempo switch I had not.

This makes my day.

I tried to drag the play stop button from the gui and that did not work. lol

One of the percussion patterns, but I need to check this, should be Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene IV :P

Some of the sounds I recognized already.

Like the one you mention. A wooden ? hollow instrument with grooves you stroke with a stick.
I am very happy although this is not a simple vst to learn.

I found out how I can "push" two or more white rhytym, selecton keys.

Hold ctrl key and click on one of the selection keys.

Maybe I should google on what settings jarre used.
Which pattern had he selected.

Slow rock could be it, with as you suggested that GUIRO muted :P

Some more investigating and trying to do. :D
Gps wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:34 am
I found out how I can "push" two or more white rhytym, selecton keys.
Hold ctrl key and click on one of the selection keys.
Smart find!👍
There is another way to program this vst.

If you click sequence , you get a beat and bassline editor like grid.

There you can simply click what percussion you want to play when.

With this I then found at least some part of the jarre sound for Oxygne 4

0.16 min in,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DDEl7JnWvo

Hi hat and tambourine together, fill all spaces and you have, that fast tjk tjk tjk, probably layered with another synth, that does the more plunky sound at the same speed. ( BPM 96 in LMMS, vst sync on in the vst )

Then there is the Quijada only twice and in the middle of that a snare from the kork mini pops 7, I mean bucket pops. :P

Not sure how use full this drum machine is, if your not covering Jarre though. :lol:

Still having fun, messing with something Jarre messed with. :)

This might get out of hand me covering Oxygene IV